Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k well ive had the hardest time finding a answer on using 07 up parts on my 06A ive searched and read and read and found one guy (brian) with a 06R that used 07 swingarm up and i was not sure if it would even work on my bike cuz the R is alot diff with the 5gal tank and taller frame...so i said screw it ill find out the hard way...so my parts are full 08 rear end off a dx shocks and all..(07 UP SHOCKS ARE NOT NEEDED I JUST WANTED BLACK SHOCKS) so i started this swap about a hour and a half ago and the hole thing in bolted up to the bike already im just waiting on my belt and i need longer bolts for the upper shock mounts...THATS IT...easiest mod ive done yet and my bike used to be 240 last year with the brake tab cut swing arm...last time i did a 240 i had to mess with spacers and shit....not this time full bolt on with 07 up parts..i got the full rear enf for 400 bucks with 0 mile take off from a dealer doing a trike conversion on a dx...so brand new tire and all....my belt was 178 from chicago harley and about 10 bucks in extra bolts for the upper shock mounts...so 600 dollar 240 swap....wooooo hooooooo...i do want to thank the few guys that did chime in and have some good info...and dont want to thank the guys that said it WONT WORK!! IF U WERE NOT 100% SURE YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE POSTED!!!! i will post pics in a little bit but i just wanted to start this for the next guy that might want to do the same swap and be able to have a 100% forsure it will fit thread....thanks

UPDATE!!! HERE ARE SOME PICS ALL TOGETHER....BIKE IS DIRTY FIXING TO CLEAN IT NOW

Attachments

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Glad it all worked out in your favor. :plause:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sweet deal on the complete rear end! Im close to starting on the budget 240 for my 03A. Im glad to hear it worked out...and for cheap!

Does it look like the belt is going to line up ok with your stock pulley? Im wondering it you may need the offset front pulley with the wider swingarm. We will see soon enough!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I measured it and it looks dead on with the stock front pully...but I have the offset pully here just in case....

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
That's great news! Like we were talking about before i wonder if the HogPro 300kit will work on a pre-07 with minimal modifications?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well we know it will bolt up thats a fact....now if u have air ride then im sure all the way down the 300 will hit the frame on the pre 07s...and u might be able to strech out the stock rear fender to tuck the 300....i have plans soon to try it so i might be the first pre 07 with a full hogpro 300 rear also...i did not even have to make spacers for my upper shocks the bolted right up...

·
Registered
57 Posts
and ya know thats convenient if you are strictly riding solo, you dont have any bolt holes in the swing arm that arent being used.

So when you compared your old swing arm to the 08 what were some of the major differences, other than it being a little wider and accepting the metric axle?

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Good Job...

Can you do a full How to...

Can you list all the parts with numbers.

This way if some else does this they will have it all.

rod

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
awesome! I need that, too! Great job, now I can justify F wheels! Joe

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good Job...

Can you do a full How to...

Can you list all the parts with numbers.

This way if some else does this they will have it all.

rod

Yes sir...I'm working on a how to swap 08 up 240 now it just taking a little bit getting all the info...should have it up next week

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Sweet deal on the complete rear end! Im close to starting on the budget 240 for my 03A. Im glad to hear it worked out...and for cheap!

Does it look like the belt is going to line up ok with your stock pulley? Im wondering it you may need the offset front pulley with the wider swingarm. We will see soon enough!
If your running a slotted or reactor 8inch wheel your stock front pulley will be fine any questions about the swap PM me...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll have some up by this weekend I have my bike apart repainting it why I was doing the swap also so I'll have it all together ready to rock sat I'll take alot of pics

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
I'll have some up by this weekend I have my bike apart repainting it why I was doing the swap also so I'll have it all together ready to rock sat I'll take alot of pics
So, are we riding this weekend or are you still playing paint shop?

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
good job dude! now, may I know why did you go the long way for 240? we all know stock 06 s/a can do it. any advantage you gain by using 07+ s/a? curious mind want to know! :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts