Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
reservation dogs
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got started on project X Friday night, everybody told me I was too slow on my last teardown(3 Hours) so this time we moved a little faster and did it in under 2 hours(1hour and 55 minutes). First pic is the patient, second pic is the tools used and third and fourth are the doctors who performed the surgey with start and stop times.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Thats a serious tear down time, guessing you have done it more than once...

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Wow! HD are you watching???

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Awesome! Shop looks great, too! This one getting the F wheels? Can't wait to see it! Joe

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
?????Blue shovel? Where did that come from?

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
good luck with your build

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
That's outstanding time to disassemble any bike using only hand tools. :plause: I've taken longer than that just to change my oil.

Are you sure that your name isn't josephthreehands?

·
reservation dogs
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This air box cover was a door prize given away at KC2010 by the HD factory. Deadeye was one of the lucky winners but he gave his prize to me. So to honor this gift of generousity I decided to have my tins for Project X color matched to this air box. Thanks again Pat.

Attachments

·
2007 D
3,130 Posts
Thank you Martin and Toni for starting the Homecoming again. It should be bigger next year when more people know that it is on again.

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
That is going to look awsome Martin and that was very nicely done Pat.
Paula absolutely loves that color and is going to be jealous.
Keep posting your progress.

·
reservation dogs
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is going to look awsome Martin and that was very nicely done Pat.
Paula absolutely loves that color and is going to be jealous.
Keep posting your progress.
I should be done with it by September, if so I will have it and my recently finished B model at KC2011.

·
reservation dogs
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update pic's. Engine parts are off and gone to the chrome platers and the frame is off to be sand blasted in preperation for the paint. I've decided to paint the frame the same color as the tins. I also have a set of Road Winder wheels that I'm going to use on Project X.
More updates when to come at 11:00.
PS- the hydrolic table I have is the best old man saver I've come across in a long time.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 87 Posts