Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Project 4
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Project 4, we started our dream!

We did it, we started to live our dreams and now we need your support. Two friends, four machines, a lot of work and hopefully a lot of fun.

Now its time to get the parts in to our garage.

And then we wait until Harley is so kind to deliver our bikes.

http://project-four.blogspot.com/ :D

Curious about Project 4, then visit our Blog or write to our Thread, we will be glad to answer you almost every question ;-)

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
:coff:

·
Project 4
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What you dig it? Did you order that bike an Gooddrive which will be presented at the Motorshow in Zürich?
Our four bikes will not have the Mono Swingamr but they will be awsome too, you will see ;-)

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
I'm digging the translation
Die Schrauberhöhle braucht einen schönen Anstrich
as
'The wrench cavity needs a beautiful painting'

I always wondered where my 10mm spanner went :)

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Schrauberhöle means mechanic cave. Schrauber (screwer) meaning the guy who wrenches, höle is cave....our translation would be man cave, or garage.

·
Project 4
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Super Cool Dude
That would be the thing, but i can't ride this in Switzerland. Unfortunately it's not aloud.
But an option would be an electro motor. ;-)

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
They need to talk to Raimond to see how a V-Rod is properly built. He's not far away either. His is probably the hottest V-Rod I have seen yet.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Oh No , a project plan :banghead:
You will of course have regular meetings about how the Tasks are progressing and then have to have further meetings once the Tasks overrun which will lead to further meetings to discuss why the time spent in meetings are preventing you from getting the work done......

·
Project 4
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry we took a while to answer you Quote. We had first a meeting and then we had to update the project plan and write a new business plan. After that we had to redo the meeting and correct the project plan again.
So here is what we decided to answer.
"LOL"

Seriously, if you do a Project plan it should be a tool to help organizing all your Tasks. In this case we have six weeks and four bikes with 184 parts where we have to coordinate the paint, the powder and some other stuff. Therefore we need that thing. Otherwise you will never manage it in this short time.
But you are right. I worked in a company where the project plan was the work and not a tool anymore. And this is definitely the wrong way to do it ;-)

·
Soul Stumpy
2,186 Posts
What is the plan here? Manufacture and sale of new parts for v-rods, using your own bikes to showcase whatever it is you're making...or is this friends pooling money to get a garage area for private wrenching?

·
Project 4
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We want to sell two of the bikes we build. The other two bikes are for us. We hope that we can finance our two bikes a little, because we already double the price of the bikes with only the parts. We know that we will never get all the money back.

·
Soul Stumpy
2,186 Posts
Ah, gotcha :) Making your own parts, or mainly factory-made stuff?

·
Project 4
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mainly European factory stuff, but no Harley original parts. We have to, because in Switzerland you have to register every part you put on your bike. Otherwise they don't let you drive it.
So every part needs to have a certificate, that it was tested and approved for that type of bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts