Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the progressive shocks on an SE? Not sure if the shocks are different or not on the SE compared to the others. I have an option to get a set at a decent price but do not know if they will make a difference on the SE.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
I think so. I run the 440's, 13". One of the first mods I did.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I might just give them a shot. Did you notice much difference?

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Yep, the bruises on my "Arse" :D :moon: disappeared within a week of putting the 440's on.

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
No marks on the 250 Avon anymore. Gotta love that.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any particular setting?

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
Hmm,did read somwhere that the se shocks have less travel path,to prevent bottoming out on the fender i think.
HD part number 54743-06 ,so there's a difference.

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
The '06 SE shocks have a spacer inside to prevent bottoming out on the fender but the shock itself is the same.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
bonketi said:
The '06 SE shocks have a spacer inside to prevent bottoming out on the fender but the shock itself is the same.
Thanks bonketi,that explains whats different.
Just was thinking doing that on my stock shocks.(see oncoming mods. :broke: )
would you(or anybody) know the approx.dimentions and material for these spacers.
Thanks.

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
I don't know about the dimensions but I would use a rubber spacer for something like that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Screaming Joe - did you fit them and if so, what did you do about the spacer issue? I am thinking of getting some mysel and would be interested to know...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't breached the price yet. Kind of waiting on resolution before I cross over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts