Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
i have a 2010 muscle and bought the lowering kit but have not got it installed yet. anyone installed this kit on there Muscle?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have.....i can go take pictures real quick. I have the front and rear lowered

·
Registered
87 Posts
progressive 440's in rear and progressive front lowering kit

·
Registered
672 Posts
wow that thing really looks good. did u install them yourself? how is the ride compared to stock?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wanted to install them myself but then needed a special tool for one of the forks so i just let the dealership do it. the ride is good, i like it better than stock. over big bumps i've bottomed out in the front twice but it took quite a bit to do it. smooth ride! i've ridden with my fiancee on the back and it still rides just fine. I'm really happy with the front and back lowering. looks great too!!

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
Looks sweet bro, glad to hear about the ride, thanks for the report. :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sweet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I realize this is an older thread, but wanted to ask a couple questions. First about the front lowering kit from progressive, do you need both the Fork Lowering kit (10-2005) and the Fork Spring Kit (11-1535) together to lower the front? Also the Springs you have in the rear the 440's, are they the 12 inch, does the back tire rub? Do you think 11.5 inches would rub. Appreciate the help guys

Danny

·
Registered
20 Posts
I realize this is an older thread, but wanted to ask a couple questions. First about the front lowering kit from progressive, do you need both the Fork Lowering kit (10-2005) and the Fork Spring Kit (11-1535) together to lower the front? Also the Springs you have in the rear the 440's, are they the 12 inch, does the back tire rub? Do you think 11.5 inches would rub. Appreciate the help guys

Danny
Armydgp in I believe it would be better of going with Hanny Riser instead of the fork lowering kit You will save $ plus you can adjust the front to your liking (Click here for Thread) I don't have mine lowered yet but been doing my homework here in the forum and for the price of the 440 you can save a lil more of your lunch money and get the arnotts air ride that way you can adjust your ride to that "Slam" look. (Now I don't know about the 12" 440 with 2 up if they rub..I hope someone that has them can shed some light here) Hope this help a bit. Ride safe

·
Registered
487 Posts
Looks great

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts

Danny
riser from me and you can lower the front as much or little as you like. on the rear i would get 412's (cheap) and you will be good to go all for under 280$ and will take you all of 1 hour to install. or get the front springs which cost around 125$ and then you will pay someone to tear them apart and replace. can be done by yourself but its not an easy weekend warrior project. The arnotts are the best coolest rear option but they are exspensive, like around a grand,,,,,,,, but they are cool no doubt

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ok well after disassembling my front forks, am completing the left side, I came to the conclusion that this job is impossible with out the special required HD-47852 fork nut tool. I looked up online and it is $73.00, I'm sure HD would not "rent" one out so I will be making one tomorrow. If I had know all this I would have just let them do it. Oh well live and learn and hopefully I help someone else make the right decision.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Ok well after disassembling my front forks, am completing the left side, I came to the conclusion that this job is impossible with out the special required HD-47852 fork nut tool. I looked up online and it is $73.00, I'm sure HD would not "rent" one out so I will be making one tomorrow. If I had know all this I would have just let them do it. Oh well live and learn and hopefully I help someone else make the right decision.
are you talking about the huge allen wrench looking thing? easy way to do those is to use a bolt head turned upside down and run 2 nuts on to it tighten the top one tight as hell and use the bottom one to remove the fork cap. I had a few different sizes (i think the one that fits the f is the same size that VW's use for there oil plug) for when i use to wrench full time,,,,,,,,, the different sizes i had were from VW and some engine main bolts off something,, good luck with it. paul

·
Registered
487 Posts
No I have the ungodly sized Allen wrench. It is a sleeved tube with four tabs on it to loosen the right side inner fork nut.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts