Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if my head is fkd but it seems with the 444s I get a tad more vibes in the bars and pegs, mostly higher rpms. Anyone else notice it compared to the stock shocks that have actual rubber bushings in the shock eyes as opposed to those wimpy urathane bushings in the progressives. Shocks mounts are part of the rubber mount package.
Ron

·
Registered
976 Posts
Didn`t notice any difference when I installed my shocks . All except a far superior ride .

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn`t notice any difference when I installed my shocks . All except a far superior ride .
I wouldn't go that far but yes, I no longer get my back jolted compared to the stock shocks. Front stocker is still harsh but waiting for the best option. So far that looks like Traxxion but don't have the cash for that currently.
Ron

·
Registered
976 Posts
I put in progressive springs in the front . The shocks and springs should be the first mod on any VRSCDX . The stock suspension is terrible .

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought my 444's used, it's certainly not night and day difference from stock. I expected a better ride. I didn't get the full hardware install kit with them so packed them to run true with a couple of washers.
I have ran them a while now but it's looking like the bushings are cracking so I want to replace those and the sleeves. I've got the part # of 5008-007 for the bushes and have been emailing Progressive for the sleeve part # but cannot get a reply, it's been a couple of weeks now and a few mails. I thought they might have been possible to purchase the complete install kit but again cannot get any numbers from Progressive. Anyone here know the part numbers, is it on the bag the that the fittings came in perhaps ?
Ron, I feel no more vibes with 444 than stock, I have just swapped back over to stock and will take note of ride quality when the weather picks up as it seems winter doesn't want to let go.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought my 444's used, it's certainly not night and day difference from stock. I expected a better ride. I didn't get the full hardware install kit with them so packed them to run true with a couple of washers.
I have ran them a while now but it's looking like the bushings are cracking so I want to replace those and the sleeves. I've got the part # of 5008-007 for the bushes and have been emailing Progressive for the sleeve part # but cannot get a reply, it's been a couple of weeks now and a few mails. I thought they might have been possible to purchase the complete install kit but again cannot get any numbers from Progressive. Anyone here know the part numbers, is it on the bag the that the fittings came in perhaps ?
Ron, I feel no more vibes with 444 than stock, I have just swapped back over to stock and will take note of ride quality when the weather picks up as it seems winter doesn't want to let go.
Last year I swapped them back and forth to test and yes , the same amount of vibes. Couldn't really tell much difference in the ride either, well maybe a hair better in the sharper bumps with the 444s. Now I have to go out and look at those bushings now that you mentioned it. I never liked them to start with. Insufficient cushioning if you ask me compared to the stock bushings but they seem to work ok as intended. I didn't note any bushing or isolater numbers in the package.
update: I might have found what you need. These are the urethane bushings as far as I can tell and not prone to cracking with age. #50008-007. Let me know if it pans out. Just checked mine and no cracking after one season.
Ron

·
Registered
76 Posts
You stated that the 970 helped your back a bit. I'm looking at air ride or new spring shocks and came across the 970. Can you give some feedback on how much difference there is. How well do they work with a passenger.
I ride solo so no input on passenger loading. Once I set preload and dialed in compression on the 970’s it was a major difference over the stockers. Before, railroad tracks and such would try to hammer my spine out the top of my head, the 970’s greatly reduce that effect.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ride solo so no input on passenger loading. Once I set preload and dialed in compression on the 970’s it was a major difference over the stockers. Before, railroad tracks and such would try to hammer my spine out the top of my head, the 970’s greatly reduce that effect.
The back is definitely part of my problem. I brace on potholes and other bumps. Thank you for the feedback

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.