Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
INVICTUS
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running Progressive 440s with the rear blinker relocation that mounts to the top of the shocks? If so I need a step by step "how to" for my mech. He hasnt done that mod before and would rather gain the corporate knowlege from someone who has already done it vice experimenting with my bike.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Just replace the stock inside spacers with the blinker bracket, the one that is slightly larger goes on the left and follow the instructions in the service manual, nothing to it.

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
DTHDOC said:
Just replace the stock inside spacers with the blinker bracket, the one that is slightly larger goes on the left and follow the instructions in the service manual, nothing to it.
:stupid:

·
INVICTUS
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DTHDOC said:
Is the stock spacer and bushing the same piece or is it 2 different pieces? I was informed that it "may be" one piece and an aftermarket bushing would be needed in that case.

Also, did you take out the whole Dogs Azz bracket or did you trim it down? Does that provide support for the fender?

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
edogg1k89 said:
Is the stock spacer and bushing the same piece or is it 2 different pieces? I was informed that it "may be" one piece and an aftermarket bushing would be needed in that case.

Also, did you take out the whole Dogs Azz bracket or did you trim it down? Does that provide support for the fender?
Now you got me thinking. I did this quite a while ago. I do remember having an issue with the spacers but I don't remember what it was. Sorry

I removed the luggage brackets (I assume that's what you are referring to). As a matter of fact, I also removed the entire dogs ass. You do not need the brackets for support.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The inner rear fender is plastic on later bikes. I cut mine down to clear the tire. But, being plastic....there isn't alot of support for the DA.

Shakes some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts