Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where should my shock setting be(clicking adjustment) with a set of 13" progressive 440 shocks with stock front fork springs and also after I change to the front fork progressive springs.I ride single at 200lbs.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
There is no "click" on the 440s - you just twist them to screw the top collar down and judge the amount of preload by lines on the shock body. 1-up, I ride at about two lines.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
my 412's are at the hardest setting "5"

i am 200 lbs also but my shocks are 11.5"s

also it depends on whether or not you have HD springs or regular springs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention there regular springs.I was just looking for a round about setting when I install them.Thanks.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
I run the regular springs they are plenty stiff enough - even 2-up

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I ran the regular springs and I weigh in at around 220. I used 2 bars showing one up and 3 bars with a passenger.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
ram41569 said:
Where should my shock setting be(clicking adjustment) with a set of 13" progressive 440 shocks with stock front fork springs and also after I change to the front fork progressive springs.I ride single at 200lbs.
Same deal for me, 200 lbs, single rider. I ran my 440's down all the way then back 5 turns.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
I run the regular springs they are plenty stiff enough - even 2-up
the 440's seem to be fine with the regular springs apparently.. the 412's are kinda squishy with the regular springs at 200 lbs.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Make sure you have your preload correct and then set based on your riding preference. I weigh 175 and ride with the ring at 1-1/2. Regular springs for me as well. When I ride 2 up I turn them to 3 rings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts