Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched previous threads and could not find a direct answer to this question.

Is anyone running Progressive 412's not 440's on an 07 DX?
I would like to get some opinions on how they handle. They are so much cheaper than the 440's and look good to me in black. But I only want to use the 412's if they are close in performance to the 440's in other words if it's night and day I'll spend the money. You can get a set of Progressive 412's any length for $180.00 a set on-line.

Also a size update from a current user would be great information. Looking to lower just a tad since I am changing shocks anyway and was considering the 12" shocks.

Oh shoot, will that effect a future 260 tire install?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
span, the forum member Widdlewunn has the 412's ( i believe in 12" length) and a 260 rear tire. He has no problems and says the 412's feel great. I know he had an airshock system on and changed it out to the 412's. You might pm him for advice as he's running exactly what your wantting.

·
knit whit
1,413 Posts
Yep. 12" 412's on the beast and they work great. I can't give you a comparison for the 440's as I have never used yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hated the 412's bottomed out all the time, very spongy ride. If the road was smooth ride was great. If you buy the 412's get the HD version

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
I put 412s on in the stock length. Bottomed out alot with standard springs. If you are 200 lbs or over, I would STRONGLY suggest the heavy duty springs.

·
SEVROD06
251 Posts
:them:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So 12" - 412's with heavy duty springs is that the recipe?
That would take me out of the $180.00 special purchase price. Maybe to many complaints from 200lb+ riders has spured a sell off for a redesign.
I am 6' @ 220 so based on the positive and negitive comments I think the 412's will work but I would have to get the heavy duty springs.
OK off to try and find another good deal on them.
Any other imput welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found them for $220.00 delivered to your door 12" heavy duty 412's. They also have other sizes available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts