Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,I am new to this forum and the question I have probably already has been asked,so don't be too harsh.The TSSM was replaced on my '04 VRSCA, I programed the TSSM so it would start the bike,however I cannot find any info on marrying the key fob to the bike.The FOB does not set the alarm. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
If your fob has a push button the users manual should tell you how to program it. If it is the button-less FOB then it must be done by the dealer.

The TSSM must also support the type of FOB you have (Button vs Button-less).

If you don't have a users manual someone here should be able to upload that section of the manual.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I have to replace my fob also, it is the buttonless type. I thought I read somewhere in the manual how to do it???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

Not sure if this will help you but it is worth a try. I had a fob (no buttons) which wasn't working. I replaced the battery but it still would not disarm the bike alarm system. I eventually turned the start switch anti-clockwise which I believe is the accessory position. It made a beep noise, all the gauges flicked on and off and then i returned the start switch to off and then run and the alarm system disarmed and the fob has worked ever since.

goodluck

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
I have to replace my fob also, it is the buttonless type. I thought I read somewhere in the manual how to do it???
If it does not have a button then the dealer has to hook it up to a DigiTech to mate the HFSM (Hands Free Security Module) to the ECM. It technically is not a TSSM which requires a Button FOB. It is a HFSM which requires a button-less FOB.
Hi,

Not sure if this will help you but it is worth a try. I had a fob (no buttons) which wasn't working. I replaced the battery but it still would not disarm the bike alarm system. I eventually turned the start switch anti-clockwise which I believe is the accessory position. It made a beep noise, all the gauges flicked on and off and then i returned the start switch to off and then run and the alarm system disarmed and the fob has worked ever since.

goodluck
What you did is force the TSSM into Reset mode.

·
Wasted $40.00!
232 Posts
Hello,I am new to this forum and the question I have probably already has been asked,so don't be too harsh.The TSSM was replaced on my '04 VRSCA, I programed the TSSM so it would start the bike,however I cannot find any info on marrying the key fob to the bike.The FOB does not set the alarm. Any advice would be helpful.
You can start the bike with the FOB?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Key FOB problems.

Sorry for inaccurate text. I have a FOB with the single button and do not have the owners manual. What I meant to say is.When the new TSSM was installed I coded or programed the TSSM to my bike,so the bike and TSSM would recognize each other and I could start the bike the normal way. I just thought there was a way to program the FOB using the key switch positions and using the turn signal switches as programing buttons. I hope that explains. Thanks.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Hang on - lemme find the little booklet and I'll can it in for ya.
Edit: make that "scan" vice "can!" Found it, scanning in progress.
Edit-2: Sorry 'bout the delay - had a phone call from a guy in Florida that I'm buying a trailer from, next week.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Hokay, ...

... scan done. D'you wanna send me an e-mail addy so I can send it in a Zip file - it's, like, 30 pages?

Also, if you want to get a copy of the booklet, it's P/N 99962-03 and couldn't cost much. Strike that, it shouldn't cost much, prob'ly not much more than a Hunnerd Dollars!

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
The owners manual part number for a 2004 VRSC is 99736-04 Cost abhout $20 depending on where you buy it

Here is three pages from my electrical diagnostic manual that tells how to add a FOB to your bike and also details how to input a PIN so in the event of FOB failure You will be able to start your bike.

IF YOU EVER LOSE YOUR FOB AND YOUR BIKES SECURITY SYSTEM IS ARMED AND DO NOT HAVE A PIN THEN THE ONLY WAY TO RECOVER IS BY BUYING A NEW TSSM.

Attachments

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
ZipFile of entire booklet (P/N 99962-03), covering the "mash-button" Security System, minus covers and the first & last blank pages, sent via e-mail.

Whether or not it'll be of any use I can't say.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Thanks Rusty...the reason I have to replace the FOB is, my first Vrod (06) the key stayed in the ignition while I rode. Bought an 07 with the FOB, and I left the key in it. The first turn I took the keys fell out, and landed in the street. When I found them, the FOB was crushed and the key was bent and unusable :banghead: Lesson learned!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts