Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Included in Kit :

Painted Side Mount Bracket (Chrome Plating coming soon, looks great with Chrome Swingarm)

Chrome Plated Back Plate

Chrome Plated Lighted Cover

Stainless Steel Mounting hardware

6 ft. of wire and electrical connectors

Detailed installation instructions

Very easy installation , thanks to Chris for hooking me up, i got on Ebay and "buy it now option" for $104.99
If you are interested in one feel free to email them at [email protected] or find them on Ebay.
tell him Shawn Nelson referred you.
These mount to the shock bolt, so that means you can mount them at the bottom OR at the top of the shock.

t
Take note that these are chrome and not aluminum like the RMD but they are a cheaper way to get rid of that [email protected]
And they also fit SPORTSTERS.

Attachments

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She Busted me a couple of times..lol
She says i am addicted to this website, i think she is right.
Oh well, i guess a man could have worse vices.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I finally had to get a wireless modem so I could keep up with this site and still be in the TV room with the wife! It takes me at least an hour a day just to stay even.....

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know this is off topic, but i do not care..lol
Daniii, this new laptop is wireless, but i do not have the stuff to get it to work, what did you need?
I was also looking for a provider that is wireless so i could use the laptop while traveling in my truck , plane etc.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
You need a wireless router / switcher at home. On the road, the provider is not the issue - there just has to be a signal (and sometimes instructions as to how to how to connect. ) My last hotel room had such a connection.

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wireless router? All i know is i have a button on this laptop that when pushed uses the wireless capabilities , it has a network card and stuff, but i just plug the phone line into the modem jack as of now , Does the Wireless router just plug into the phone line or how does it work?

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
A wireless router assumes a network connection at the house. I connect to a cable modem....

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Shawn, looks like you will be on the wire for a while...

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Range on the wireless is short. Hunderd yards at most. What you need is a cell phone modem! My son lives in the boonies outside Syracuse, and thats whet he uses. He swaps the card from his laptop to his pda to do e-mail. I am on line with him right now - he is in Tampa on his pda.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
The speed on the wireless data access via cell phone is about the same as your dialup line unless you get the 1xRTT service from Verizon or the "X" service from AT&T. Both of these are big $$$$$. The only company offering unlimited wireless data access is T-Mobile and it's GPRS which will be about 40Kbps, roughly what you get at home on your dialup service now.

BTW, I was "playing" with the GPRS service from AT&T the first month I had the new phone and racked up an $89 data bill :( even on their $69/month bulk rate I would blow through the allocated amount of data in 1 week on this site ;)

Wireless internet or WiFi is what your laptop has. That's completely different than Wireless access via a cell phone. To see what high speed internet access is like take your laptop to a Starbucks. Most of them have WiFi hot spots which means for a small fee you can connect to the internet with your laptop and surf while you slurp :)

:eek:fftopic: SORRY!

·
Banned
924 Posts
Get a wireless router that works with dial up. That way you can move about in your house without being tethered to a wire (still limited to about 150 feet). It will still be slow but you wount have to stay in one place. Wireless is the way to go (even at dial up speeds)...

Greg ;)

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Shawn I feel your pain I'm out in the country had to wait for about 2 years for cable modem them went and got Linsys wireless router and card for the laptop in the chair watching tv and surfing cable modem is smokin fast.
:lamer: :lamer: :lamer:

·
Flamed Rod
161 Posts
On the couch now watching TV with the Wife. Why did I want this wireless again.... :kiss: <---not happening

1 - 20 of 34 Posts