Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about ordering a procharger for my bike and was just wondering if anyone has put one on theirs and if they like it or not

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Last I knew they did not have a V-rod application. If you found one can you post the link?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
They dont.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I'm friends with Walt Sipp who's the V-Twin Manager there. I'll see him this weekend racing and ask, but the last that I heard and to the best of my knowledge they do not have a kit for the V-Rod.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
. If HP can make a kit with a rotrex sc then whats stopping someone from using the PC headunit?

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
. If HP can make a kit with a rotrex sc then whats stopping someone from using the PC headunit?
Simple............... Supply and demand. V-twins are everywhere, they have no ontrest in making a kit, at least thats what we were told 3-4 years ago now.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I guess I was thinking more along the lines of swapping the rotrex headunit unit for the PC...

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
I thought the same thing, however back when I wanted to do this you had to buy a complete kit. Nobody would sell you just the brackets.

Procharger makes a very nice V-twin kit its too bad because I'm sure if they ever did one for the v-rods it would be impressive.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Wonder if HP is dead set on the rotrex...the PC headunit seems like it would be a cleaner install if nothing else. Self contained/no airfilter better outlet positioning.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
I'm thinking about ordering a procharger for my bike and was just wondering if anyone has put one on theirs and if they like it or not
They are very nice kits. I am a dealer for them and have installed the blower on my 07 FLHTC but I spun the left flywheel on the crank so I'm in the middle of rebuilding my motor... Pro-charger isn't making kits for V-Rods at this time but they are in the works... I can tell you that when they do, they will be an excellant kit... When they do come out with a kit I will most certainly make good deals to forum members...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Man I wonder what the numbers will be.... I'd guess close to what the turbos make.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Man I wonder what the numbers will be.... I'd guess close to what the turbos make.
Yeah they are pretty close, maybe just a bit more with the blower because it is a direct drive off the crank but boost is boost whether it's a sucker or a blower :)... The blower powerband is steady from idle to redline whereas the turbo will curve off at the top...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Check his posts, he knows a thing or two about boost....lol

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Check his posts, he knows a thing or two about boost....lol
Well I wouldn't classify me as a novice to boost either... :D I agree that turbo's get a little better mpg but hp/tq is as much even more with a blower vs a turbo, the power and torque band on the dyno is a consistant curve through out the rpm range vs the turbo... Lets just say we agree to disagree :)... I've run both and the new pro-charger doesn't rob as much hp/tq and mpg as one would think... The biggest difference is the experience of the tuner and the dyno... A lot of things come into play to squeeze out the hp/tq and what's the actual mpg loss with a super charger vs a turbo? Maybe 2 to 3 mpg? The pro-charger on a stock TC 88 motor with SE 211 cams produced some serious hp/tq gains and still got 40 mpg.... Again, it all comes down to the motor build, cams, cam timing and last but not least a tuner that knows what he's doing...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Not doubting you at all. I agree the sc is a more linear delivery. I have owned cars with roots blowers and turbos, never a centri blower. I liked the roots for everyday driving but the turbo was so badass when it needed to be. The spool, the hit at full boost, it's like crack, lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Both cars at a dragstrip leave and the (nos or blower) car get the jump. If the turbo car catches them they will NOT pull back around. The back half after the 330ft mark is where the turbo's shine. Five years ago our best time was .015r/t 1.10 60' 2.98 330'
4.48 660' at 165mph this was done on a small block ford and a single 106mm

1 - 20 of 50 Posts