Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First my left running (rear) doesnt work, then my brake light, then all my signal lights don't work. Now I can't start the bike. Headlight and front running light are working (on). Wat could be my prob? Thnx:banghead:

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
First my left running (rear) doesnt work, then my brake light, then all my signal lights don't work. Now I can't start the bike. Headlight and front running light are working (on). Wat could be my prob? ...
Rear side lights on VRSC models are single filament turn signals (no running lights). The only running light in the rear is in the brake light housing on the fender. It's possible someone added a module that provides this function but it didn't leave the factory that way.

The fuse that controls the brake lights and turn signal operation is the ACCY fuse. For an '06 VRSCD look in the fuse box in front of the riders seat below the air box cover. The ACCY fuse is in the left side fuse box next to the START relay.

Before replacing the fuse, check for shorts in the ACCY (orange with white stripe) wire. A common source for shorts is at the rear brake light switch. If any work has been done on the hand controls, look for pinched wires there.

The blown ACCY fuse shouldn't affect starting the bike. Do you have a security system? Have you checked for trouble codes?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnx. I found that I have a blowed up fuse (security). Replaced it and albe to start now. When I checked for the code, I got P flashing. Way does that mean? Still have prob with the rear signals and brake light. Thinking to bring it in to the dealer to run diag. Thnx for ur help.

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
...When I checked for the code, I got P flashing. Way does that mean? ...
Did you read the instructions in the post that I linked?

The flashing "P" is a "diagnostic mode" response. If you press and release the button it will then show a flashing "S", press again and it will show a flashing "C". These are the three modules (a fourth, "b" was added in '08 for the ABS brake module) that set codes ("P" = powertrain or ECM, "S" = security or TSM/TSSM, and "C" = cluster or IM).

While a letter is flashing you need to press and hold the reset switch for 5 s to read the codes from that module. If there are no codes it will show "none". If there are codes the first will be shown. You can sequence through multiple codes by pressing the reset button until "end" is displayed.

If you want to clear the codes you press and hold when the "end" is displayed. If you want to retain them press quickly and the module part number is displayed. You then press quickly again to sequence to the next module (a flashing letter). Turn the ignition off to exit diagnostic mode.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts