Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took off the stock exhaust and tab slip ons, and tab fuel manager and replaced them the v&h comp pipe and pcv tuned by fuel moto. Took it for a 20 minute ride and noticed the check engine light is flashing and the front head pipe is slightly blue vs the rest of the exhaust that is now a golden color. Any help?!? :notworth:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I liked them. Sounded great. Just wanted the vance and hines REALLLY bad lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pulled a code. U1016 current loss of ecm serial data. Got the pc-v from fuel moto supposedly pre tuned and retroed for an 08. Should I try reprogramming the chip? How do I know it was retrofitted? I'm losing a BEAUTIFUL weekend of riding :(

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Someone has mislead you.There is no chip.The power commander is programmed to match your setup.To program the pc to match your setup is best done on a dyno.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What am I missing? You program the pcv to the mods you have (which jamie at fuel moto was supposed to do) you hook it up and it modifys the fuel/ecm to make it run like it should for the mods??

Edit: by chip I meant the pc-v. As in should I try reloading a different tune to it?

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
You need to talk to fuel moto about the problem. I have heard Jamie is real easy to work with and will resolve your problem.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would if he was open. I've tried two new tunes that I found on here and no more cel after bout 15 min of riding. Think I may be set? Crossing fingers

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
I would if he was open. I've tried two new tunes that I found on here and no more cel after bout 15 min of riding. Think I may be set? Crossing fingers
Talk to Fuel Moto anyway. You may still have a problem but not as readily apparent. Nothing like burning up an engine to make your day.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah def gonna call him Monday and talk it over with him to make sure I'm not just covering up something major by going to a different tune. Is running great now. Although last night I did notice the front head pipe was getting a orange/red color and the back wasnt that noticeable. But I figured it being night it showed the heat more? This normal? I am trying a different tune though and tightened up the manifold bolts just to make sure I didnt have a leak.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
yeah def gonna call him monday and talk it over with him to make sure i'm not just covering up something major by going to a different tune. Is running great now. Although last night i did notice the front head pipe was getting a orange/red color and the back wasnt that noticeable. But i figured it being night it showed the heat more? this normal? i am trying a different tune though and tightened up the manifold bolts just to make sure i didnt have a leak.
no

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I didnt figure so. Was a 10 ride to get it home but anyways I've been looking through the few tunes I've saved to my computer and the ones I was having trouble with are alot leaner than the one I'm running as of yesterday. Runs alot better. Gotta call Jamie on my lunch break. :banghead:

Edit: Have a feeling I'll be making the jump on the auto tune here shortly... Was trying to save some cash but seems my bike doesnt like any of the "basic" out of the box tunes....

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
too bad you didnt do this swap three weeks ago. woulda saved me some money... lol..

hope you get it lined out man.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do the tuners tune each cylinder individually ? Sounds like one cylinder is running much leaner then the other. Is this possible from a tuner ?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes they tune each cylinder individually. I'm just about to place an order for an autotuner... Tired of messing with it and dont want to blow her up!!! Trying to find one local first as I'm kinda impatient and want to ride it to the beach tomorrow (nice three hour drive :) )

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the V/H comp. exhaust and I agree. Awesome to be for real. Understand your wanting to swap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts