Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
actually the problem is not whit the tab (slash cut whit baffles)it s with the rest of the stock pipes everything is falling a part after 9000 km on with them, brackets of heatshield getting unwelded x3 and on the lower pipe the piece that the pipe goes in to is unwelded from the inside and is moving f*****g crap and guest what the stealer does not want to claim it to HD under warranty what else is new!!anybody else have this happen???thanks

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
thedak said:
Then why did you title the thread "problem with tabs" ?
Maybe it's due to the fact that TAB has voided his warranty and now it's not covered. That's the problem when showing up a the dealer with aftermarket shit bolted on and expecting warranty work. FWIW, swap out stuff before you go to the dealer...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thedak said:
Then why did you title the thread "problem with tabs" ?

damn!!!! nag nag nag i l have a bitch don t need another one!!!!the reason is to get the attention of guys whit tabs!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheatin said:
Maybe it's due to the fact that TAB has voided his warranty and now it's not covered. That's the problem when showing up a the dealer with aftermarket shit bolted on and expecting warranty work. FWIW, swap out stuff before you go to the dealer...

i m doing that soon cheatin just going to go to another dealer just did not think my dealer would give me crap like that.i did ask before i put them on and the service guy told me no problem if you change the pipes no warranty issue yeah right thanks dude you r the man!!!!:notworth:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Big Red, I have the same set up as you, as of now no issue's but I only have 1200 miles on this set up PLEASE KEEP US POSTED GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rklein2828 said:
Big Red, I have the same set up as you, as of now no issue's but I only have 1200 miles on this set up PLEASE KEEP US POSTED GOOD LUCK

talk to Todd today from TAB told me that he as not seen any issues like this hope it works out fine for everybody with this setup and that it was just some bad parts from HD or just my bad luck like usual!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Cheatin said:
FWIW, swap out stuff before you go to the dealer...
I wouldn't take mine in with out swapping back to stock also. Also had a service manager tell me that it was NO problem even with the AFTERMARKET parts on it. It is up to HD to PROVE that the aftermarket parts were responsible for the failure. If and when they can, then they can(will) deny the repair. There is too much grey area out there when it comes down to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts