Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...I just bought a D&D 439-12B slip on exhaust on the forums here. Both the guy I bought it from and the D&D website said that the pipes would fit my 2006 Night Rod. After removing the old pipes, it doesn't look like the support arm matches up with the bracket on the pipe. Does anyone know what to do about this?

I've included a picture pointing out where the pipes don't match up. Thanks for any help you may have!

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
I believe they are mistaken. The street rod and night rod use the same mufflers. D&D web site states "Will not work with street rod" so that would include the night rod. The vrsca style uses a different set up to mount the pipes.

You are going to have to get inventive and make a bracket to hook the two together. Use thick steel and maintain the rubber mounting to protect from vibration.

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Looks like a pretty easy fix, fix one...2 pieces of flat metal, drill one hole to fit factory exhast bracket then one to fit muffler, scribe a line on the one attached to the muffler where it intersects with the first piece, cut along that line, then go to a welder and for around $5 have it welded together, might end up slightly slotting one of the holes to make fitting easier

2nd option would be a single piece of metal and just bend and twist it in a good vise till you get the shape you need and want, then drill your last hole (drill one for the factory mounting spot first)

You'll like the way they sound I have them on my 03...there's a sound clip in the exhaust section of them on my bike if you'd like to hear what they're gonna sound like. ;)

Good luck, like I said not a hard fix, and well worth it.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Buy 3 pieces of .25" thick x 2" x 12" aluminum at a hardware store. Drill to fit. Worked perfect for me. Joe

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help everyone! I got it to work with a steel bracket for the bottom and aluminum for the top. I never used a Dremel or blowtorch before, but that and a hand drill got me the pieces I needed.

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts