Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing about smoking deals on V-Rods in general and am trying to do some homework. My wife wants a F model but has a perfectly good XL1200L that she hardly rides. If we had an F in the garage I'm sure I would ride it more but would only consider getting one if it could be had for something like $14,000. So are these kinds of deals out there right now?

Thanks for the help!

·
boredom kills
2,323 Posts
I keep hearing about smoking deals on V-Rods in general and am trying to do some homework. My wife wants a F model but has a perfectly good XL1200L that she hardly rides. If we had an F in the garage I'm sure I would ride it more but would only consider getting one if it could be had for something like $14,000. So are these kinds of deals out there right now?

Thanks for the help!
look in the classifieds on this forum and go used. It is the end of the model year, you can get all kinds of deals

·
Registered
569 Posts
Is this for you or your wife? If she has a bike and doesn't ride it what do you think will be different about having a muscle in your garage? At 14,000 your best bet is eBay or craigslist if the classified forums here does not work out. I highly doubt you will be getting a new bike at that price, let me restate that you won't be getting a new one for that unless it's stolen or some other factors line up perfectly in your favor! I got my 2009 new and by the time HD had me out the door I had about 22 in it with extra's and warranties that I already voided within 6 months! At 14 that gives room for lots of mods if I would of got at 14 I could of added a trask turbo and still came out under what I ended up paying! I am not even sure but what do the new models sticker for 2011's will make left over buying on 2009's and 10's a bit better. Still 14k on a new muscle sounds way to good to be true.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The dealer by me has a new black denim F with abs for 14,700. I seen this about 3 weeks after I bought mine ( non abs ) for 17. :banghead:

·
1SIKFER
39 Posts
I have my 2009 "F" with 625 miles ABS & Security on ebay for $12,750 for a second time. Just seems like no one has any cash right now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The dealer by me has a new black denim F with abs for 14,700. I seen this about 3 weeks after I bought mine ( non abs ) for 17. :banghead:
Geez. Thats a great price for new. See if you can trade yours in for it and get some money back!:D

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
I have my 2009 "F" with 625 miles ABS & Security on ebay for $12,750 for a second time. Just seems like no one has any cash right now.
hey man find me one i want it right now at this price

·
boredom kills
2,323 Posts
hey man find me one i want it right now at this price
better yet why don't you just PM Kingsize, he is a forum member, buy his bike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info everyone. Kingsize, your bike is certainly the right price but for my it is too far and thw wrong color. Too much up keep on a black bike. I hate trying to keep my black 2008 Street Glide looking good.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Thanks for the info everyone. Kingsize, your bike is certainly the right price but for my it is too far and thw wrong color. Too much up keep on a black bike. I hate trying to keep my black 2008 Street Glide looking good.
X10 worst with a DX

·
Registered
1 Posts
Prices for the Muscle!!!

I purchased a 2010 in April /2010 ( private sale }. The "f " had 200 miles on it, with ABS and a Vance & Hines pipe K & N fuel pack and air filter, balance of warranty.
Paid $17,100.00 and it was worth every penny. Dealership In Staten Island wanted $17,500.00 plus $825 for ABS.
HD Dealers still try and beat people over there head with price and add-ons!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got my F in March of 2009. At the time I could not get anything less than $18,500 from any dealer. I ended up getting it from a private party for $15,000. It only had 43 miles on it. Now has about 6,000 miles and growing.

Don

·
Registered
156 Posts
Check the classifieds. I just put mine on there last night. 09 silver with ABS and security, fender rack and super tuner,2050 miles, $14,500

1 - 15 of 15 Posts