Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody gotten any real-world pricing on the '11s yet? I got quoted 14,999 from my dealer back home! Is this what others are seeing? I'm waiting for a ride-out cost from them right now!

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very interesting, and now I feel like a real dumbass.... but I swear 2 days ago when the website launched the '11 models it was 17,XXX.

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
Wow that makes makes mad as sh**. Just purchased my 09' about 3 months ago and the price falls out the bottom on the new bikes. BULLSH** HD damn I essentially paid 3k more for the bike than what I needed too...I am not happy about this at all...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Very interesting, and now I feel like a real dumbass.... but I swear 2 days ago when the website launched the '11 models it was 17,XXX.
I don't think it is you...I remember checking the pricing day one of the 2011 release and it was 17,xxx...this will kill the dealers on any leftovers. Thats a pretty significant price drop $2,200.00.

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
confirmed

I just confirmed it with HD customer survice... And I gave the lady an earful... 414-343-4056 is the number voice your concerns!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think Apple did this but, sent everyone a check who bought the iPhone before the price reduction. This definitely blows as the new ones are less than my 09 leftover. If you thought resale was bad before...

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
hmmm, yes I also recall the website initially listing $17,199 (or something close to that) which struck me as high. I think they simply ****ed up and the $17,199 price is for one with ABS and a paint job..... just my guess. Also, the website says starting at $xx,xxx. Pretty sure they simply ****ed up when released with the higher price.

They jack up the prices of the high demand models. Street Glide for example.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
one thing that bugs me about sticker price at dealers is that it is always much higher than the price on their website for the exact same product. Do they think HD buyers don't use computers?

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got quoted 16,955.13 ride-out for an 11 model. Wondering what the price of the '10s will do in the next couple weeks.... I'd be livid if I'd just bought a '10 model in the last couple months!

·
boredom kills
2,326 Posts
I just paid almost $19k including tax and dealer charges two weeks ago! I did get the 1% financing so I guess that washes out with the $2200 price decrease.
Just think if the life of the loan is 5 years or better your ahed of the game by $2,500. Noe everyone knows why HD offered the financing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi, I am new here. **First Post**

Just brought home my '11 Muscle in White Hot Denim. Wasn't even considering the white until I saw it in the sunlight. It's more like a pearl with a little flake in it. Looks sweet. Anyhow, I got it as part of the Sportster "Ride Free" program. Paid 8,900$ cash for my '09 Nighster last year and they gave me a MSRP of 10,400$ to trade it in on the Muscle which was listed at 15,499$. HD paid me 1,500$ to ride for a year!

Just spent last night putting on the new V&H pipes and fuelpak. Now it sounds more like a HD and not a 4-stroke dirt bike.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey, First post here, and its gunna be a doozy!

WTF is up with the pricing!, why is HD discounting the vrod's in '11?

I checked the diff between the 10s and 11s and everything seems to have went up by like 500 bucks, but the vrods' gets the shaft!

I mean, its great for those who want to buy one, but what about everyone that picked up the 09's and 10's?

I live in NL canada, where everthing is marked up so much that its laughable. I thought I was saving 12000 dollars by bringing up a used 09 with 2900miles on it from the states. Well I guess its only 10000 saved now. Im comparing the cost of getting on a NEW bike at the dealer compared to buying a like new bike from the states and shipping it to me, paying the taxes and RIV costs.

Im still Happy, the tires are same as new still, and all the prelim service has been done, plus V&H pipes, intake and power comander. But it Pisses me off that HD has chipped away at my efforts to get a steal of a deal on this bike.

I mean, they basically stole 2000 out of their "loyal" customers pocket, as all the 09's and 10's just took a 2000 dollar hit on resale value.

When this happens, they should compensate those who still hold a bike in their possesion.

I can't see the price drop as being the economy, as every other bike seems to have stayed the same or went up a little. So it must be the poor sales of this bike.

Anyway, I still think this bike is BEAUTIFUL and am still happy with my purchase, but again, FU HD!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.