Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into the local dealership here on Long Island and asked the sales manager about 08 VROD DX's and he basically told me they don't have any.

I asked if they are shipping yet, he said yes they already had one, it sold in one day and if I want one they are going for $19,000. I was stunned, and responded thats like $3,000 over sticker to which he responded, "Hey, I'm only getting 4 this year, what do you want me to do, give them away?" The guy was so agressive when he was saying it I though I was about to get into a bar fight. :chair: Unbelievable!:banghead:

Has anybody closed a deal on an 08 DX recently that is willing to talk about price?:D

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
I sure wouldn't pay more than MSRP.. Which depending on the options is around $17,000.. I'm not into paying a premium for a bike.. JMO.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I got my 08NRS on 8-31--07. I paid list price in upstate N.Y and got the black with orange stripes, shop around and good luck..

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
Got mine for the 17,300 sticker (security option only).....Black and pewter.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I would not pay 3,000 over.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone, I have been lurking here for awhile but this is my first post. I'm also interested in buying an '08 DX. I got a quote here in California of $19,281 out the door. Also included was the first 3 services plus a $100 bill from bringing in a postcard they sent me. They have had a couple in, and another shipping on next Tuesday.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
allengy said:
Hello everyone, I have been lurking here for awhile but this is my first post. I'm also interested in buying an '08 DX. I got a quote here in California of $19,281 out the door. Also included was the first 3 services plus a $100 bill from bringing in a postcard they sent me. They have had a couple in, and another shipping on next Tuesday.
That is about right for California with tax and license. Paid this earlier this year on my 07 DX.

Btw, there is an 08DX in OCHD at MSRP with pewter stripes.

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
I bought one in California on the 17th of August. Sticker was $17.4k or so, otd was $20.9 which included a 6 year extended warrentee and local taxes of course. Is $19k asking price or otd? If it is otd I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
here in WF texas they quoted me 17750 ish for an 08DX vivid w/ orange stripes with abs and security and 20,500 OTD.

i hate waiting 3 weeks to custom order it (not making the order until october 15th) then another 3 months to get the bike in though...

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
allengy said:
It's otd. Included is the 3 services that they value at $1,000.
First service costs around 250 at my local so cal dealer. I do them myself now at a cost of $50 or so for filter and oil. You should get the first one there, but not much value in the other two unless you don't do your own.

You will pay more in California due to our license cost and a tire fee. Also, you will likely pay $300 for freight and $5-800 for setup (which is basically a markup since they don't do much to setup).

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
1badhd said:
here in WF texas they quoted me 17750 ish for an 08DX vivid w/ orange stripes with abs and security and 20,500 OTD.

i hate waiting 3 weeks to custom order it (not making the order until october 15th) then another 3 months to get the bike in though...

ABS - $800, security-$300, their numbers seem screwy.

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
My 08 DX cost about $19100. That is MSRP plus ABS, shipping, and tax.

The dealership I go to doesn't mark up anything no matter how rare someone buys something.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
i would go for below msrp. sales at Harley are less than forecast

1 - 20 of 36 Posts