Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be-aware of the price cuts to Night Rod ($2000) and Muscle ($2200)

I know that I am so happy to find out my bike (purchased 3 months ago) is worth alot less now....

·
Registered
129 Posts
i know thats a real slap in the face isnt it glad i have no plans of getting rid of mine, killed the market for resale of these bikes in general

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
same thing happened back in 05 or 06 ..... just a shitty thing to find out

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just went to the site and unless I'm stoned (don't think I am) every paint color available adds $300 to the base cost of a special....I gotta be seeing things....

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just went to the site and unless I'm stoned (don't think I am) every paint color available adds $300 to the base cost of a special....I gotta be seeing things....
No that is correct, but that still makes it $1,800 less expensive than last year. Add ABS/Security and its still less expensive.

I think they should have just made ABS/Security/Color all standard and sold it for the same price as last year. That way the already struggling resale market would not take a further hit.

I guess they really wanted to get below the Rocket III MSRP.

Amazingly the MSRP is less now than it was in 2002.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
Looks to me that the company has finally realized that the way to stimulate sales in a down economy where everyone either has less money to spend or is afraid to spend it, is to lower the per piece margin and charge less! Geez, it only took three years...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Maybe another way to look at is that to run the company this year is going to cost the same as last year if not more due to utilities costing more.

So can a company really turn round and say lets just drop the price making a smaller margin on it?

I dont think so do you think the share holders are willing to accept a smaller dividend?

I reckon and its just my opinion that they have sourced either different contractors or screwed them on costing for the pieces made elsewhere.

If i was HD i would be listening to the many and do away with the NRS wheels and just make the Muscle wheels for all the V Rods as most prefer them.
Then have 2 different options for people to buy aftermarket.

I doubt HD is making any less on the bike i simply feel they have sourced cheaper contractors which MAY lead to inferior parts or lower quality.

Its just my opinion.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well, they dropped denim black presumably it was more expensive? Who knows. I think it's a regional price drop, not global. People in the U.S. are spending, but not enough -- not yet. This is a good move by Harley as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes a company can turn around and take smaller margins. Not a bad idea right now either, people are scared to spend a lot of money.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
these price fluctuations happen. a friend purchased an 09 Heritage Softail in June of 09. A month or so later, the 2010 version was around $1500 less. She called to see if she could get a rebate and of course, no go.

I wouldn't get worked up over it. Just enjoy your V Rod, you have chosen wisely. = )

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Imagine what that will do to the left over 2010 model prices down the road

·
Registered abUser
299 Posts
So I go onto my local dealer website (Trev Dealey) to check price of Muscle and NRS. This message pops up...

We’re fresh out right now.

Ask our Sales staff

when your dream

is due to arrive. :wazzup:
------------------
Still have a few 2009AW's they are trying to flog at about $15000CAD which is actually a good price up here.

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
Wish I had waited another month and a half to buy my bike now lol. coulda got an 11 for just a little over what i paid for my 08 leftover.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
So I go onto my local dealer website (Trev Dealey) to check price of Muscle and NRS. This message pops up...

We’re fresh out right now.

Ask our Sales staff

when your dream

is due to arrive. :wazzup:
same old HD sales tactics.... create a sense of buying into a secret handshake club. "We know you want one, but you just can't have one...yet"

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Maybe another way to look at is that to run the company this year is going to cost the same as last year if not more due to utilities costing more.

So can a company really turn round and say lets just drop the price making a smaller margin on it?

I dont think so do you think the share holders are willing to accept a smaller dividend?

I reckon and its just my opinion that they have sourced either different contractors or screwed them on costing for the pieces made elsewhere.

If i was HD i would be listening to the many and do away with the NRS wheels and just make the Muscle wheels for all the V Rods as most prefer them.
Then have 2 different options for people to buy aftermarket.

I doubt HD is making any less on the bike i simply feel they have sourced cheaper contractors which MAY lead to inferior parts or lower quality.

Its just my opinion.
No, really, it is basic economics. If you can't sell at the old price, you have to sell at a lower one. If the lower price means you still make a profit, fine. If you can't make a profit at a price the market will bear, you drop the model.

You also have to remember it costs money to develop and tool up to make a bike. The V-Rod is ten years old now, development costs are long since written down.

But eventually there will come a point where what people will pay for a V-Rod is less than what it costs to make and sell a V-Rod, and at that point it will die.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts