Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
All I can say is if you compare bikes to modern cars how many air cooled, overweight, 2 valve low Hp cars do you see being bought by Millennials ? Why would you trash an engine that was spot on with liquid cooled 4 valve performance & retreat to air cooled diesel cement mixers ? Stupid is as stupid does - it all works until your base customer walks, and yea, they are walking - along with the new customer base. Build it, they will come. Don't build it, you got it - they won't come. Ain't Rocket Science. LEAD, FOLLOW, Or- Get Out of the Way !

·
Registered
124 Posts
All I can say is if you compare bikes to modern cars how many air cooled, overweight, 2 valve low Hp cars do you see being bought by Millennials ? Why would you trash an engine that was spot on with liquid cooled 4 valve performance & retreat to air cooled diesel cement mixers ? Stupid is as stupid does - it all works until your base customer walks, and yea, they are walking - along with the new customer base. Build it, they will come. Don't build it, you got it - they won't come. Ain't Rocket Science. LEAD, FOLLOW, Or- Get Out of the Way !
To be perfectly honest I love both engine designs, for different reasons. If I could only have one Harley though I think it would have to be my V-rod. the other bike is a very highly modded '89 springer softail. that bike is just a lot of fun for going for a cruise down the highway or up and down the main drag, so is the V-rod I guess, but the springer gets much more attention if you are into that kind of thing. I think its cool to jump on a bike that for all intents and purposes is changed very little from the bikes people were riding in say the 1920's.. however, sometimes there is just something about the Revo that the air head cant duplicate. this new creation by the motor co. may have a market... maybe it will appeal to hipsters who cant build their own bikes or, even outlaw biker types? IDK but if Harley thinks this is an acceptable alternative to the V-rod or that if any of us are buying that B.S. then I think they are in for a rude awakening. I feel this bike is just another rocker. on an upside it does appear that Harley has a couple new bikes, including a streetfighter model coming out in a couple years that looks promising.

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,630 Posts
TO THE MODS
Can you please open up a new forum section for the full range of 3/4 liter POS HD abortions and move all of the treads on 1130cc.com V-ROD General about them to the new section? Really getting tired of the incessant off topic nonsense devoted to a POS having nothing to do with the VROD. As a bonus: It will give Tassi a new place to play and talk about Duckies and lectric bikes, both of which don't belong on this forum.

·
Banned
5,281 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
It's cheaper to keep her. ( and make her better )

Mikein ATL - Please tell us how you REALLY feel you're so vague :) Maybe the Mods could call the new section " H-D's V Rod Pretenders, 3/4 Liter POS's and all Retro Air Heads " Probably be popular !

Ducati's, Motus etc. and electric bikes in another special access, eyes only section for prior V Rod thread violators and those openly sympathetic to such exotic bikes and extension cord scooter items.

RoddyDucati there is no doubt retro air heads are cool and even some of H-D's newer offerings aren't too bad with the low Rpm torque they generate. I have always thought if the Revolution engine was evolved to the next level with a 1/4" or 3/8" stroke increase, 4.250 + bore and thicker cases to retain reliability it would have appealed to more Harley guys that crave that low torque and never revved an 1130 or 1250 to 8999 Rpm where the power is. I don't buy or own air cooled street bike engines (other than my vintage dirt bikes) so my hope is yea, H-D builds us a new improved L/C V Rod replacement - like I said before I've got 20K + burning a hole in my pocket for one, but not holding my breath. I just can't see them building the "whatever it is replacement" to V Rod quality levels either. So we improve the V Rod that we have. What's 4-5K in mods really on a 6-7K bike anyway - if you plan to keep it ? :blahblah: :D

·
Pro Street
62 Posts
For about $10k new from National Motosports a New Triumph Rocket III could be had and most defiantly spank it. so would my 05 Rocket...
V-rod or no Harley.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts