Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to the community. But I’ve used the website to get questions I’ve had and answered all of them. But I’m having issues with trying to find a map for my power vision for my 2009 vrod muscle. I have tab slip ons with 2.5” baffles and a hooligan air intake. I’m a 47 Marine who hasn’t rode in 30 years because of an injury. Finally a surgery made it possible to ride again. And this is my first Harley. I just don’t want to screw up the bike. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
I’m new to the community. But I’ve used the website to get questions I’ve had and answered all of them. But I’m having issues with trying to find a map for my power vision for my 2009 vrod muscle. I have tab slip ons with 2.5” baffles and a hooligan air intake. I’m a 47 Marine who hasn’t rode in 30 years because of an injury. Finally a surgery made it possible to ride again. And this is my first Harley. I just don’t want to screw up the bike. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
There are basically 3 maps that will work. Problem is none will be a great match for the bike or any bike for that matter. It needs to be tuned from there. Think of the maps as a starting point only. My bike runs great on the PV stock improved cal but took a lot of fine tuning to get there. Out of the 5 people I had sent it to, to try out, maybe 1 felt it was great. That's just how it is. Each bike is different enough to require a base cal to be tuned.
If you look closely at the PV v rod cals, they are not actually dyno tuned to any bike. Each one is just a ve % increase from the stock cal in the bike. I might add, all flash tuner cals regardless of brand, suck the big one as far as loading it and expecting a good running bike.
Out of the 3 cals listed in PV for the v rod, chose the middle one and tune from there. It will be safe enough to run for data runs and further refinement.
http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/...76&AEngS=1246cc&mkid=3457&mkn=Harley-Davidson
Ron

·
Registered
249 Posts
Donut to answer your question Uploading one of those maps from the PV site would be just fine.

If you wanted it to be precise and almost perfect take it to a shop that tunes with PV and have them make a custom map for you

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
My friend has the same bike and same tuner(PV) ,had it dyno’d and tuned.
I was able to copy his tune..... :). Free.

rbabos: do you recommend using PV auto tune(basic) once you load a map?
Try it as is for now and see. Basic blows. Don't use it. I would need to see the cal before offering suggestions but Basic Autotune won't be one of them.
Ron

·
Registered
114 Posts
Try it as is for now and see. Basic blows. Don't use it. I would need to see the cal before offering suggestions but Basic Autotune won't be one of them.
Ron
My power vision would not stay on long enough to even attempt an auto tune session. We've covered this topic before, but I will say that I was able to download the map that Fuel Moto sent with the power vision and the bike started and continues to run great.
No more hiccups in 1st gear, I can run in second at 2500 rpms no problem. I usually don't run the bike below 4,000 rpms.

I know that FM loads the PV before they send them out, all I can say is that my bike runs great now. All I have is HF air filter and Freedom Performance slip ons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.