Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw several guys and gals asking about the Power Vision and what it's like using the device specifically for the V-Rod. Hopefully this helps answer some of those questions! I talk about downloading the WinPV software to your computer, downloading a tune to the PV itself and flashing that tune to your bike using the Power Vision. Enjoy!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Keep in mind if your bike is 02-05 and has the Delphi ECM auto tune won’t work using the power vision. You will have to drop another 400-500 dollars on the auto tune pro and change your header pipes to take the 02 sensors. If you don’t you will only be able to flash the ECM with preconfigured tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hillbilly on a Bike
17 Posts
Do your research. Mine works well on my brothers bike, dyno glide? There is an issue to where the PV will go blank in the gage mode. Just go to a different screen and all is good again for a few minutes. I even did a little diag for them and sent them my results and they still couldnt figure it out here is what I sent dynojet...

I did some checking.
I used my digital fluke meter and probed at the back of the DCL connector Data pin and ground. Key on engine off the reading is Without PV installed i get .7v.
Then while key on engine off I plug in the PV and voltage will spike to 7.3v while PV is booting then when the logo is almost done it will drop to 1.2v.
Then once the PV is fully booted the voltage will stabilize at .2.3v. but then when gages display on the PV voltage will then stablilize at 2.6v.
Next test.
Bike is off,I fire up the bike with the PV installed the bike stalls and the voltage is spiking at 7.6.
Then i will hit the start button again the bike will start and the voltage hits 7.6v then stablizes at 1.3v when the PV is in its logo booting up. Once the PV is fully booted it goes into the gage screen and voltage will then stablize at 2.3v
As I move around in the PV features the voltage will spike to 5.2v if i stay at gages and monitor, it will then stablize at 2.3v.

So they had me send mine in and they couldn't find anything wrong. They said they did not have access to a VROD so they only bench tested. But they felt there was something amiss so they gave me another one. This one lasts about 5-10 minutes longer and then the screen goes blank. There are a lot of posts about it messing up. I bought mine due to the gauge feature cause i like to know what my coolant temp, fuel, AFR are doing. Plus the auto tune feature is a plus. From what i gather its mostly VRods that have an issue. DynoJet blames radio interference, hog wash. With the air cover off holding the shorten cable straight up away from the bike it still locks up. Now if i idle it it will last over 30 minutes, but if I rev it up, instant lockup. So google it and you will see. I like the device and if something else was out there to tell me what temps Im running i would probably switch. The software is good. I have also found out that Fuel Moto has better maps and help as well. So if you plan on still getting one go to Fuel Moto they are also the cheapest.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bassani road rage. PV and Auto Tune pro with the wide bands from fuelmoto on my CVO. Best $800 I ever spent. Yanks the front wheel now ;)

·
Hillbilly on a Bike
17 Posts
I hear the Bassani's sound awesome too. Mine came with V&H. Whoever tuned it or put the map in didnt do a good job. On decel at 30 it felt like the cylinders were fighting each other. Then I bought the PV from Dynojet their tune was a little better. Then I was flying down the highway and the PV thought it could fly. It was wrong. So I bought another one and got it a lot cheaper from Fuel Moto and their tune was awesome. Yes i bought another one, like i said i like the gage feature when its working. It ran a lot smoother and less sooty. My fuel mileage went from 25 to 33 when i went with Fuel Moto.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear the Bassani's sound awesome too. Mine came with V&H. Whoever tuned it or put the map in didnt do a good job. On decel at 30 it felt like the cylinders were fighting each other. Then I bought the PV from Dynojet their tune was a little better. Then I was flying down the highway and the PV thought it could fly. It was wrong. So I bought another one and got it a lot cheaper from Fuel Moto and their tune was awesome. Yes i bought another one, like i said i like the gage feature when its working. It ran a lot smoother and less sooty. My fuel mileage went from 25 to 33 when i went with Fuel Moto.
From what I've seen even the FM tune from them for the PV should be considered a base map. @Daze513 on here has a good thread detailing that and the changes he's made. I am using his map currently as a base map. I got the Target Tune installed last week so will be doing some datalogging and tuning next week.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fuelmoto is a good baseline for what it is. Target tune is for closed loop bikes. 07 up IIRC. Open loop like may 05 use Autotune pro for best results. It automatically adjusts fuel air based on wideband Bosch of sensor input while riding. You can save up to 8 maps and select based on conditions, like pressure altitude, temp and humidity. For example you could have a tune saved for mountain riding.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
What I've notice recently is their cals have changed quite a bit for TT. Leaner (better) then the early ones and rather then add fuel in the decel areas they remove it. Almost like the EPA is looking over their shoulder. There was a time when they would enable a standard PV cal but now, my last couple of attempts to do so, the just sent their specific later version cal. Don't matter to me as they are all starting points. Even getting a cal from someone else is the same. Sometimes worse, based from some of the crap I've seen on DIY tunes that I've redone.
Ron

·
Hillbilly on a Bike
17 Posts
From what I've seen even the FM tune from them for the PV should be considered a base map. @Daze513 on here has a good thread detailing that and the changes he's made. I am using his map currently as a base map. I got the Target Tune installed last week so will be doing some datalogging and tuning next week.
@jfisher. Let me know how you like the TT. Ive been seriously thinking of getting it.Fuel Moto told me it would help my slightly rich running bike. But then again are they in the business of selling too.
GC

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
@jfisher. Let me know how you like the TT. Ive been seriously thinking of getting it.Fuel Moto told me it would help my slightly rich running bike. But then again are they in the business of selling too.
GC
Target Tune does very well at targeting the afrs. Don't think you will be disappointed. While I only tuned mine with PV and NB sensors using Mytune program, I've worked with a few that used TT and I'm always impressed how well it works as long as they ride for the best tuning results. Many are just plain rammy on the throttle, prolonging the process for a good tune.
Ron

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do your research. Mine works well on my brothers bike, dyno glide? There is an issue to where the PV will go blank in the gage mode. Just go to a different screen and all is good again for a few minutes. I even did a little diag for them and sent them my results and they still couldnt figure it out here is what I sent dynojet...

I did some checking.
I used my digital fluke meter and probed at the back of the DCL connector Data pin and ground. Key on engine off the reading is Without PV installed i get .7v.
Then while key on engine off I plug in the PV and voltage will spike to 7.3v while PV is booting then when the logo is almost done it will drop to 1.2v.
Then once the PV is fully booted the voltage will stabilize at .2.3v. but then when gages display on the PV voltage will then stablilize at 2.6v.
Next test.
Bike is off,I fire up the bike with the PV installed the bike stalls and the voltage is spiking at 7.6.
Then i will hit the start button again the bike will start and the voltage hits 7.6v then stablizes at 1.3v when the PV is in its logo booting up. Once the PV is fully booted it goes into the gage screen and voltage will then stablize at 2.3v
As I move around in the PV features the voltage will spike to 5.2v if i stay at gages and monitor, it will then stablize at 2.3v.

So they had me send mine in and they couldn't find anything wrong. They said they did not have access to a VROD so they only bench tested. But they felt there was something amiss so they gave me another one. This one lasts about 5-10 minutes longer and then the screen goes blank. There are a lot of posts about it messing up. I bought mine due to the gauge feature cause i like to know what my coolant temp, fuel, AFR are doing. Plus the auto tune feature is a plus. From what i gather its mostly VRods that have an issue. DynoJet blames radio interference, hog wash. With the air cover off holding the shorten cable straight up away from the bike it still locks up. Now if i idle it it will last over 30 minutes, but if I rev it up, instant lockup. So google it and you will see. I like the device and if something else was out there to tell me what temps Im running i would probably switch. The software is good. I have also found out that Fuel Moto has better maps and help as well. So if you plan on still getting one go to Fuel Moto they are also the cheapest.
Hi.
Did you get a bracket for mounting the tuner, or is that extra?

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,184 Posts
Did you get a bracket for mounting the tuner, or is that extra?
You have to buy a bracket for mounting separately. I got one for like $10 off amazon.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,184 Posts
There is an issue to where the PV will go blank in the gauge mode.
The do have a "fix" for this now. It does not prevent the screen from going blank, but once it goes blank, it will come back now very quickly. So you don't have to switch screens anymore. Email them and they will send you the software and the code to activate the feature.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The do have a "fix" for this now. It does not prevent the screen from going blank, but once it goes blank, it will come back now very quickly. So you don't have to switch screens anymore. Email them and they will send you the software and the code to activate the feature.
Thank`s for the info. I have still not bought the tuner, so I suppose it will bee upgraded when I receive it. Tab Performance sells it for 429 USD

·
Hillbilly on a Bike
17 Posts
This is good to know. Once I can afford to buy another one I'm in. My last one thought it could fly, it was wrong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Keep in mind if your bike is 02-05 and has the Delphi ECM auto tune won’t work using the power vision. You will have to drop another 400-500 dollars on the auto tune pro and change your header pipes to take the 02 sensors. If you don’t you will only be able to flash the ECM with preconfigured tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there a solution to lean condition on a 2003 thats stock that doesnt cost a minor fortune?

·
Hillbilly on a Bike
17 Posts
Yes true but mine is a 2011.
Funny that this came up today. I emailed Dynojet on my results yesterday. They ended up sending me a special fix file for the software on the tuner and an updated cable. It all works fine for the first hour. Then the screen went blank like usual and before i could touch the screen it comes back on. Thats the first ride since weather started being nice,

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,184 Posts
Yes true but mine is a 2011.
Funny that this came up today. I emailed Dynojet on my results yesterday. They ended up sending me a special fix file for the software on the tuner and an updated cable. It all works fine for the first hour. Then the screen went blank like usual and before i could touch the screen it comes back on. Thats the first ride since weather started being nice,
I guess that is part of the fix. If the screen does go blank, it will automatically come back so you don't have to fool around with it anymore.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts