Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Well I have just got back on my bike after a 9 week layoff due to a back injury.
During my rehabilitation I took the time to start purchasing various mods for the bike to customize it more to my liking.
I'm still waiting for a considerable number of the parts to arrive like the Bub 7 but I have received my new Power Vision tuner.

My bike remains completely stock at the moment so I downloaded the 2012 VRSC Stock Improved tune from the Dynojet website.
After riding for about 15 minutes I stopped at a petrol station and flashed ECU with the Dynojet tune I had downloaded previously.

Whilst I can't say there is a noticeable power difference the improvement in smoothness through the rev range was immediately apparent.

One question I have is that after the tune was flashed to the ECU the tuner prompted me if I wanted to reset the A/F values and to ONLY do this if the A/F ratios had been changed.
I answered No to this question and then was told to power off for 10 seconds.

Everything worked fine however I would like to know a bit more about the A/R question the device prompted me with.

Is anyone able to help me out please?

Thanks in advance.

·
Usually Clueless
373 Posts
Are you positive that's what it was asking?

The device puts into its memory some of the minute changes it makes to meet the fuel requirements it's being asked for. For the life of me I can't remember what I see on the screen when I'm updating a tune on the bike. You are fine saying no after that short of a time running it.

Here is a little known trick.... Now that you have the tune flashed to the bike go through the procedure to "copy the existing tune" to the bike and then choose the copy to be your primary tune to run.

It opens up more of the options when you are in the tuning software on your computer. (pro tune, not basic tune)

Also, there should be a box called fuel mileage adjustments or something to that affect. (not near the computer and bike right now)

Use the gauges on the LCD to log your gas mileage and gas usage for trip A. After about 10 tanks of calculating you mileage, Compare it to what the computer on the bike is telling you. If you find that they are off by a consistent percentage you can replace the number in the box in the software and reflash it to the bike.

The readout on my bike is within 0.01 of a gallon every time now. No matter how far off my gas gauge is, I know how much gas I have used.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Yea it is a Harley!
108 Posts
Interesting...but you usually can never go wrong with clicking no lol when I get my vision I do not think I'm going to mount it, I might just flash and go like I did with my cars but,it would be cool to see all the stuff the vision monitors

·
Usually Clueless
373 Posts
For me it was worth mounting it just to have an acurate gas gauge :)

Did you have to make any adjustments with the multiplier number in the software? How far off was your gas milage and usage using the supplied number? Everybody I've talked to came up with around 20% over.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I do need to change the multiplier number a little bit, just haven't taken the time to do it. But it is a lot closer. Before when my fuel light came on I still had around half a tank :(. My last fill up going by the PV gauge I had .8 gallons left when it said I was empty. I'm almost scared to change it since I have got so used to going another 50-60 miles before stopping after the light comes on.

·
Usually Clueless
373 Posts
I do need to change the multiplier number a little bit, just haven't taken the time to do it. But it is a lot closer. Before when my fuel light came on I still had around half a tank :(. My last fill up going by the PV gauge I had .8 gallons left when it said I was empty. I'm almost scared to change it since I have got so used to going another 50-60 miles before stopping after the light comes on.
I fill my tank right up to the point that it is above the little hole for the nozzle and up one or two threads where the cap screws on. Since I'm real consistent with the amount I start with, I have no trouble trusting the numbers the computer is telling me I use. Comfortably pulling into a gas station after using 4.97 gallons and putting exactly 4.97 gallons back into it. Love that feature on the PV.

I should run it out of gas one day just to see how much it will hold. Although that might just make me push the limits too far knowing that kind of information. I figure 5 gallons is my limitation, might be safer staying ignorant to the exact capacity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts