Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just returned after installing the newly received fender plat, reach rider seat and a new backrest pad. After finishing this & during my way back, noticed that none of the signals is working, no horn, fuel lamp is lightingting and the the fuel meter is reading -----.

This happened to me the day before, I though that when installed the fender I may be pushed something in the electronic caddy in the back, does this make sense? If so what made this to happen the day before?

Does any one has a clue to this? Forget to tell you that everything returned to normal just before I parked it at my place , just like that:wazzup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Get back underneath the seat and check ALL connections. If you unplugged anything, make sure it is plugged back together. Also check that you didnt bend any pins in the connectors when you put them together.

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started the bike today again, seconds and there is no power like yesterday. I drove a while then I remembered that the fuel was low. Put some fuel and started riding again so power came again , 15 minutes and it was cut again then finally returned till I parked it was working.

Don't know, is it a safety issue when the fuel is low? May be

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no you have a loose connection
Or may be a lot of dust, yesterday when I was fixing the plate there was a lot of sandy dust below the passenger seat, did not touch the electronic caddy fearing that something like this might happen, & it actually did. Do I blow it with air or how to clean, remember that am new to this. Forgive my ignorance:hidesbeh:

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
i like to use electrical grease on all connections. keeps them clean and corrosion free. but when things just come and go its usually a bad connection. check your grounds. not sure if your bike is different but check battery terminals, grounds on the cylinder head and there is one more on the bottom side of the motor (i think, its been a while since i have checked). then make sure all connections that you may have you may have toughed are all good. make sure all of the wire connections are "clicked" together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts