Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems tha the power commander is popping up for sale everywhere. If it's such a good product why is everybody selling it off. I was cosidering buying one but am seriously questioning it at this point. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
We just had a group buy on the HD race tuner :slap: , this is the daddy to the power commander :stilpoke: . Now is the time to buy :hyper: ,there are alot of them here. Just my:2cents:

·
Registered
1 Posts
russojerry said:
It seems tha the power commander is popping up for sale everywhere. If it's such a good product why is everybody selling it off. I was cosidering buying one but am seriously questioning it at this point. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I was just discussing this with a dealer today. The PC III provides no advantage over the stick chip when using stock pipes or screaming eagles. Once you get outside those parameters, you may need it (or something like it) to get good performance from your pipes.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
If the dealer stated that the PCR3 has no advantage over the CHIP????????? He is wrong #1 THERE IS NO CHIP it's a map that you down load into the pcr3 that you use for the combo you have. pipes air cleaner pulley ect. You need to find another dealer!!!!!!!!! Quick

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
For me I think the PCRIII is the way to go. My bike will never hit a drag strip and is my cruiser/chopper/daily rider. The Race Tuner is more for racing isn't it?

Everyone seemed to have positive feedback about it before the Racetuner came out. The Race Tuner is more $$$ and increses the tunability of the bike from what I gather. The PCrIII is a piggyback device that reproccesses the signal. I like the availability of the maps on the PC3 and that is why I may go with it instead of the factory flashes....but I got a looooooooooooooong list of "I want's" for my new love....God, this bike is just aewome!

Gary

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have a Brand New PCR 3 For sale, was put on bike and realized I bought the Serial port one and I intended to buy the USB Model (Duh.) Anyway if chopper steve wont take it back I will have to sell it. I paid 319 plus shipping.

ANy Offers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts