Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter which power commander or race tuner you get? Or is there one specific to the V-ROD?

I'm not sure, just guessing that it doesn't matter and the only thing specific is the uploaded map.

I see them on e-bay all the time but they're advertised for a specific model. I wanted to check my ASSuMEption before I bid.

thanks

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
the PC needs a specific part# for the v-rod

The RT doesn't,it also has maps for twin cam motors.The RT will work with all HD with the delphi FI system.<I think I worded the delphi thing wrong.

EDIT:
The RT will work with the v-rod and other FI HD's.But once you hook it up to your bike it's yours forever.You can't remove and place on another HD.It has the bikes ID in it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
As far as I know Derek,The pcrIII is the powercommander that work's for the V-Rod. That is what I'm using on my'03. You want to talk about night and day,you'll never look back. Throttle response is awsome! You might want to look under the technical forum to be sure, there are lot's of thread's about the powercommander there.

Dave

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
dereck said:
Does it matter which power commander or race tuner you get? Or is there one specific to the V-ROD?

I'm not sure, just guessing that it doesn't matter and the only thing specific is the uploaded map.

I see them on e-bay all the time but they're advertised for a specific model. I wanted to check my ASSuMEption before I bid.

thanks
They are Part specific.So yes you need the right one.There are older versions/models of the RT that don't have some of the upgrades.The same with the PC they have a couple different versions/models out and the wires are stuff are different. :kaz:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts