Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference from the PCIIIR and the PCIII USB?

While looking at the maps, some mentioned stock ecm and others mentioned stage 1 ecm. I have an 03 model with the 28 tooth kit, SE 16 ga pipes, SE air filter and the proper download from HD. Which ecm would I have, stock or stage 1.

Sorry if this has been previously discussed.

·
Registered
320 Posts
PCIIIr is for connection to PC via "serial port" and the USB version is for "USB port". If you have an older laptop/computer you will probably want the PCIIIr version while all newer PC/laptops have USB and sometimes missing the serial port. Check your laptop/pc before ordering. So, the two PCIII's are basically the same with a different interface connectivity. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. After reviewing my owners manual, I have both on this laptop. Does anyone have any idea about what ecm I may have, stock or stage 1?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
First off, there's no such thing as a "Stage 1" for the V-Rod, that's a carryover from the air cooled motors. You have a stock ECM with either a Stock Map or a Screamin' Eagle map. Based on the picture you have SE 16ga pipes. If the dealer installed the pipes, air filter and ECM flash for those pipes then you have a stock ECM with a 16ga SE Map (stage 1 for 16ga pipes to the neophyte HD tech I suppose). Check your receipts to see if the ECM was re-flashed when the pipes were put on. If you can't find that then ask the dealer to plug into the bike and read the ECM Calibration Part Number and look it up.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
The USb also will allow you tune both cylinders

1 - 6 of 6 Posts