Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was just released for HD's. Love it or hate it. It's your choice I haven't decided yet.

Ken

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
I have the standard PCIII, and for $30 I bought a PDA USB adapter and it works great. DO NOT buy straight from the Powercommander web site before checking E-Bay. There are several folks selling brand-new in the box units for about $80-$100 off the P/C Website price!
FYI

Mike

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Pardon the ignorance but are you saying you can connect and tune from a palm pilot and/or pocket pc?

If so this would be the only thing missing for the race tuner. Do you know if there is an interface cable for the RT?

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
I know! I am very computer oriented. My post was probably not well versed. The race tuner does come with an interface cable for the PC (as in personal computer). What I would like to know is if there are ways to interface the motorcycle ecm with a pocket pc or palm device so that it is not necessary to use a laptop and maybe tune the bike off a dyno on the street or track with a simple, user friendly, and light device. For that you would need a program on the handheld just as you do on the laptop to interface with the bike. The personal computer software is readily available for the race tuner or power commander. Not so for the handheld devices that I know of.

The question posted now comes after reading VRODScout talking about a "PDA USB adapter". A PDA is a "personal digital assistant" and those are handheld computing devices of which the two main dominating operating systems are the palm OS and the Microsoft (Bill Gates penis) OS for Pocket PC's (iPaq). Since I have some of both types of devices as used for work by several employees, to me he who comes out with such a solution will already have a customer. I have the Race Tuner for the V-Rod but if it comes out first for the power commander I'd get the software and interface devices ASAP anyway as great for the jap bikes also (PCIII).

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
DynoJet has a version of their tuning software that runs in the PALM OS so with the proper cable you can read, load and modify the program using a PALM. It's not available for Pocket PC (iPAQ, etc.).

All HD needs to do is have the people they OEM the software from (The Turbo Shop) convert the program into Pocket PC 2003 and we would be able to use an iPAQ for tuning. At least they need to create a version of the data logging program for Pocket PC.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
How do you get HD to do anything?:rolleyes: I'd call anyone and ask. Posting here about these things should help. Hell, HD made the V-Rod, that shows some promise right there. Maybe they'll laugh at me:( . I do believe in these devices and truly portable tech. I'm switching my databases for tracking and billing to HanDBase for palm from Visual CE for PPC as got a palm based treo600 smartphone (one thing to do it all). I now have this iPaq just for reading repli go files (journals, the RT manual, the HD catalogue and V-Rod manual pdf and webpages). Would be cool to data log on the V-Rod with a race tuner PPC version, modify and datalog again. All with the iPaq in your pocket. THAT would be months of entertainment.

I'm calling Sony to ask for a V-Rod Race Tuner game for the PlayStation.:rofl3:

Probably not justified to carry over to PPC as I doubt many HD owners would be interested. Money talks bullshit walks kind of thing. I guess something like that will be better suited for something like the Power Commander, more people and versatility, greater chance of sales.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
eduarprmd said:
Pardon the ignorance but are you saying you can connect and tune from a palm pilot and/or pocket pc?

If so this would be the only thing missing for the race tuner. Do you know if there is an interface cable for the RT?
Sir,
No I did not mean to mislead... the USB adapter that I bought to hook my PC up to my PCIII-r is intended for PDA use, not so that you can use a PDA along with the PCIII-r...although that would be cool!

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts