Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a stock exhaust system that has been vmoded, it has a few scratches so I was thinking of having it powder coated satin black. I wanted to do the rear section and the shields on the 3rd chamber. Does anyone have any pictures of what this might look like, my bike is a 04B?

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can have it done with ceramic powdercoat that is for exhaust. I feel the heat wont be a problem as it won't be near the engine. Any pictures of this would be great.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Powder Coating

Robert B said:
I'm not real sure if just powder coating can handle the heat. I may be wrong...
Check this site out http://www.jet-hot.com/
That looks like THE coating to use - JET-HOT EXTREME STERLING looks like it would work on the headers for a more finished look under the heat shields.

·
Kaiser Sysop
74 Posts
Jet Hot is fantastic.. Had it on my headers on a Firebird i used to own.. Holds up real well.. Didn't have all of the color options they have now though.. Not sure how well those hold up, but Jet Hot is legit..

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the picture, thats what I was looking for, did you use gloss or satin powdercoat and how has it held up? What mufflers are they, seem different than stock? Any more pictures would be great. Do you guys think that satin or gloss would look better on the mufflers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts