Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
____
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my drag bars back from Tyson. I had gotten a set of the B model drag bars from V-Mod and sent them to Tyson for powdercoat. Tyson did a great job on these and they really make the DX look even meaner. Of course the bars put your hands about a half inch lower and about an inch forward.

Most of you probably already know what a great job Tyson does but this was my first experience with him and I couldn't be happier.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Looks good. Thanks for posting the pics as I have been wavering on which way to go, balck out the hand controls/bars/grips or chrome it all.

Still undecided, but now I have a better visual.

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
I was talking to peeps at the dealership about that. Wondered what it would look like. Thanks for the pics!

·
knit whit
1,413 Posts
nice job!

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Looks great Rob. I like the mirrors too. When are ya gonna flip them?

·
____
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the mirrors off eBay, just do a search for "black golf club mirrors" and you should find some.

Don't know if I've got enough room to flip the mirrors now that I've gone with the drag bars. Might be something to mess around with this weekend.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Those look great!!!! The mirrors go perfect with them too :notworth:

Someday Tyson will be getting my business :)

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Somehow I knew it wouldn't take long for this bike to become Rob's new obsession ;) I now know he isn't having "old bike" withdrawls :)

The bike looks wonderful, babe!

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
rspencer1218 said:
I got the mirrors off eBay, just do a search for "black golf club mirrors" and you should find some.

Don't know if I've got enough room to flip the mirrors now that I've gone with the drag bars. Might be something to mess around with this weekend.
If those are the V-mod bars you should have plenty of room. Once you do it you can see much more than just your elbows. At least that is my experience. Takes a little getting used to looking under your hands.

·
____
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Youngzee said:
If those are the V-mod bars you should have plenty of room. Once you do it you can see much more than just your elbows. At least that is my experience. Takes a little getting used to looking under your hands.
They are the V-mod bars and thanks for the advice Justin. I was on the fence about dropping the mirrors but if it helps with visibility I think I'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey the bars look great!!!! Suggestion? Black powder coat the turn signal relocation brackets. When I saw the pics, I saw the relo brackets first then then your new black handle bars....I have black powder coated my signal relocation brackets and they look better to me....imo

·
Keep up Man! Geez.
1,006 Posts
Sweet simple Mod!

Looks great!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing denim black in the bars to match what I got. In one way I don't mind the stock finish because it matches the forks. Now if the forks and bars were black denim to match mine, that would look mean.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts