Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a new powder coating guy in my area (las cruces, NM) that does exceptional work for a very good price. I saw wheels, muffler, some two color coating that looked great also, and other items that he did and decided to have him do a lower frame section for me, the left side frame.
Well, it is gorgeous ! and at only $15.00 to coat it. I stripped it for him and he coated it. The entire job only cost me $22.00.
He told me to strip it using Kleen strip premium stripper which I got at my local lowes for $7.00. I bought the spray on can of this stuff and once sprayed on you let it sit for 15 minutes then spray the bubbled up paint off with a hose. It worked great. I did a little wire brushing to a couple of spots then gave it to him and it came out perfect.
If you are looking for a good powder coat at an great low price give this guy a call and tell him that Martin sent you. He will treat you really good. A real nice guy.
Here is his phone number,
Big Brother Powder Coat, Juan Ibarra, 575-639-1882

You will not regret sending your stuff to this guy !

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
:worthless: and thanks for the info

·
Chad
263 Posts
I wish powder coating would work better for exhaust pipes, I would send him mine.

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He had an exhaust there with a two color coating on it. It was looking good but it was semi see thru. I dont think I would want my exhaust color to be somewhat transparent. Not sure if this was intentional or what. He only showed it to me because we were talking about coating 2 colors on one part.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I wish powder coating would work better for exhaust pipes, I would send him mine.
You can ceramic coat it. And the added benefit of cooler temps. If this guy doesn't do it (don't want to hijack the thread), try www.bigboypowdercoating.com. I use him for all my stuff and he does great work quickly and inexpensively.

-Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.