Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of small dings on my 2007 VRSCX frame. I am looking for a touch up paint that closely matches the color, specifically the silver.
The fenders etc. have color code Brilliant silver Pearl but it is not quite the same color silver as the powder coating.
'
Anyone help out here? I am hoping for a pen style touch up kit but will settle for a brush in a bottle if the pen is not available.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
I have a couple of small dings on my 2007 VRSCX frame. I am looking for a touch up paint that closely matches the color, specifically the silver.
The fenders etc. have color code Brilliant silver Pearl but it is not quite the same color silver as the powder coating.
'
Anyone help out here? I am hoping for a pen style touch up kit but will settle for a brush in a bottle if the pen is not available.
Autobody man in my last life so here's my take on it. Problem with touch up is they always look like touch ups and yes it can be done to an almost invisible state but takes forever to blend it all in. You can paint over pc no problem so I'd hit an auto paint supplier and they can match the paint you have real closely and supply it in a rattle can. Get filling primer too if you have nicks in the metal. Spray, sand and repeat until marks are gone. 400 grit remaining area to paint and plan on shooting the paint from weld to weld (masked off) in that area. Looks way more pro that way. A 1/8" gob job touch up will always draw your eye to it.
Ron

·
Registered
656 Posts
Any paint shop will have a color match gun that they can put on the existing finish read the paint and mix an exact match.HD who i loath also has or can get it in little touch up bottles for one million dollars each lol

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt - the frame is powder coated. The paint H-D has is for fender etc. and there is a subtle difference in the silver color.
'
Ron - A little over kill for my talents and energy. I found a almost exact match in Advance Auto parts store (Duplicolor brand) I keep my globs to 1/16" or less and apply sparingly in stages so as to not get the "globby" effect.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Matt - the frame is powder coated. The paint H-D has is for fender etc. and there is a subtle difference in the silver color.
'
Ron - A little over kill for my talents and energy. I found a almost exact match in Advance Auto parts store (Duplicolor brand) I keep my globs to 1/16" or less and apply sparingly in stages so as to not get the "globby" effect.
Understood. Marks must be small then.
Ron

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I believe HD called the color Silverleaf. Find some. Buy an airbrush. Practice makes perfect. I have one that uses the air pressure in a car or motorcycle tire. I got it 15 years ago and can't find anything like it now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.