Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cross posted in Technical and in VRSCF:
I had new aftermarket mirrors w integral LED signals in them. Identical to OEM style but in black. They are not working. I checked voltage in the lines and at the 4 pin connector coming out of the TSM. Left blinker at harnes registers 4. Right registers 0. I did get a split second flash of light from left signal when plugging harness back in but am unable to duplicate. Same reading in wires at point of connection to new signals. Tried temp connecting OEM signal to see if it would light up. Nothing. I’m assuming that both lines should register 12v, not 4v and certainly not 0. Since these readings are consistent at both the 4pin connected from lines coming directly out of the TSM and at the point of connection at the turn signal, my assumption is that I have a bad TSM. Any chance there are fuses feeding the TSM that I am unaware of and that is causing issue? Rear signal works perfectly fine. Bikes is a 2015 vrscf. It’s under warranty but I imagine the dealer will blame it on the aftermarket signals and I already know hey will take 2-3 weeks minimum to fix it. I’m ok w paying for a new TSM if that’s the issue. Just wanna make sure it’s not some other issue. I did the tsm reset sequence and it corrected fast blink on rears.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
disconnect battery overnight.
plug in stock set.

next morning connect battery.

check system

I think you have a wiring issue. diode in led lights

1 - 3 of 3 Posts