Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im kicking around the idea of going with a solo seat on my 03, I have searched this forum with little luck on any *How toos* and the pictures are few and far between. I have a spare seat I was considering butchering it into a solo, if its possible to make this happen. If your running a SOLO seat can you throw some pics up and a how too if possible?? thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure I have the stock 180 fender for now...

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
check out Bitchin Seats, They recently did a seat for an Aussie forum member (BWDS I think), and I've been speaking with them regarding a custom one off jobbie for myself. Great craftsmanship and customer service.
*not my bike in the pix*

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like Bretts (BWDs) seat but I was more leaning to ditch that whole back pad piece altogether> kind of like the rocker look was what Id be looking for. I seen a member with one on his DX that he chopped out of his stock seat pad?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I just popped back over to edit my post.... I know the seats in the pix aren't true solo seats, but he has done them and still does, I just can not find a pix. You should send them an email asking for pix.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I am not sure I have the stock 180 fender for now...
Your bike will look like shit if you ditch the passenger piece, you have the TSM under there and your rear fender is not cut correctly for that. Pull you passenger pillon off and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that big block thing with 2 3/8" nuts that hold it on? I was going to ask if that can be relocated also.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Yes you can relocate it, some have put it in the airbox. With a solo you will be able to see the flat mounting area of your rear fender as well.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bhahaha after hotwings and chipotle dip the ring of fire begins...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That XROD bike is awsome thats what I was talking about something like that. The stitching is sweet on that!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Your bike will look like shit if you ditch the passenger piece, you have the TSM under there and your rear fender is not cut correctly for that. Pull you passenger pillon off and you will see what I mean.
The owner of Bitchin was one of the original designers of the VRSC seats. He is well aware of the ECM and other goodies under there so his seats come with a "do-dad" to keep that crap hidden. Wish I could find those damn pix!

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
The owner of Bitchin was one of the original designers of the VRSC seats. He is well aware of the ECM and other goodies under there so his seats come with a "do-dad" to keep that crap hidden. Wish I could find those damn pix!
Right, I agree, but you cannot switch to a solo and still cover up the flat spot on the rear fender where the TSM use to be.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Unless you change fenders......

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Andre, if you could dig up those pics I would like to check em out!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I had them on my phone....before it went for a swim. Damn it! I have a call into him for more pix.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts