Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
341 - 360 of 753 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dyno Numbers...

Just picked up my Night Rod yesterday after having the HD Race Tuner installed and a custom download made. I was pleasantly surprised with the numbers. This is with the CFR pipe. HP - 117.3 Torque - 82.5

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just picked up my Night Rod yesterday after having the HD Race Tuner installed and a custom download made. I was pleasantly surprised with the numbers. This is with the CFR pipe. HP - 117.3 Torque - 82.5

Those are extremely high for a NightRod. There are SE bikes that aren't making those numbers. I have a 1250 SE kit on my StreetRod and was at 117.7 hp/ 82.5 torque with a custom map and exhaust

·
Registered
54 Posts
Those are some nice numbers - its looks as if they are also actual, not corrected? What elevation are you at? Just curious what the correction factor might be.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes...

Joshuasnightrod said:
Those are some nice numbers - its looks as if they are also actual, not corrected? What elevation are you at? Just curious what the correction factor might be.
...they are actual numbers. :) Here in the Sacramento area I believe we are just about at sea level or 50-100 ft. above.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
TX_VRod said:
Those are extremely high for a NightRod. There are SE bikes that aren't making those numbers. I have a 1250 SE kit on my StreetRod and was at 117.7 hp/ 82.5 torque with a custom map and exhaust
Not so I made 116rwhp with just Gils Box,Topless,and Gutted Stock Mufflers:deal: [email protected] in 5000+ft alt. on a Box Stock R:kaz: My R was a Rocket and I sure do miss that bike!:(

·
Banned
868 Posts
I'm making 114.7 with stock mufflers, "stock", not gutted. With a little freer flowing exhaust I would probably be right there as well. See dyno sheet above.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Joshuasnightrod said:
I see you had a Nallin 1250 kit on your Sporty. Just rebuilding mine. How much power did it make

·
Banned
868 Posts
Those numbers look good but I think I like my lower end better. I don't know much about the Race Tuner. Can that be adjusted for a smoother curve. It looks like it's dropping off pretty hard between 3000 and 4500 rpm?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Dale Robertson said:
How many ponies were the gutted mufflers worth ?
just a couple,but it sounded so much Meaner!:kaz: The stock exhaust is really pretty good it's just ugly and quite!:rofl:

·
Registered
54 Posts
danasmith69 said:
I see you had a Nallin 1250 kit on your Sporty. Just rebuilding mine. How much power did it make
I never got it dynod - but the difference over stock was VERY noticeable. Bottom end increase was the biggest seat of the pants gain.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good question...

danasmith69 said:
Those numbers look good but I think I like my lower end better. I don't know much about the Race Tuner. Can that be adjusted for a smoother curve. It looks like it's dropping off pretty hard between 3000 and 4500 rpm?
That's why I was asking if going topless would make a difference...I'm still curious.

·
Banned
868 Posts
JonnyT said:
That's why I was asking if going topless would make a difference...I'm still curious.
I don't have enough Vrod experience to answer that. I went topless and had mine tuned all at the same time so I don't know if it made a difference or not as far as the low end. But, I'll bet there's a bunch of people on here that do know.Good Luck

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:
danasmith69 said:
I don't have enough Vrod experience to answer that. I went topless and had mine tuned all at the same time so I don't know if it made a difference or not as far as the low end. But, I'll bet there's a bunch of people on here that do know.Good Luck
Yes it will,but you need to add fuel as they are Very Lean from the Factory!:eek: The extra Air from being topless with a Good Air Filter is 2-4rwhp,and about the same with RWTQ.:thumb: :kaz:

·
Spoolin
82 Posts
:stupid: my stock when I first bought it was 112, after topless, se filter made 117.

Got my new je's and carrillo's today.....won't add any hp by themselves.............but................ :popcorn stay tuned for my new sheets

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you look at the previous page you'll see that mine isn't stock. It has the Race Tuner installed with a CFR pipe. It was Dyno'd last week. If I go topless now, would I need to have it re-tuned?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Made my goal!

2006 VRSCR StreetRod:
SE 1250 BB Kit
K&N Air Filter
Topless
Car Chemistry 2-into-1 Exhaust
Web Cams .462/.435
Destroyer 58mm Throttle Bodies
RaceTuner

130.2 HP @ 8500rpm
86.9 ft lb TQ @ 7300rpm
:hyper: :dance:

Attachments

·
Another Bad Creation
1,717 Posts
TX_VRod said:
2006 VRSCR StreetRod:
SE 1250 BB Kit
K&N Air Filter
Topless
Car Chemistry 2-into-1 Exhaust
Web Cams .462/.435
Destroyer 58mm Throttle Bodies
RaceTuner

130.2 HP @ 8500rpm
86.9 ft lb TQ @ 7300rpm
:hyper: :dance:
Very impressive numbers Scott...it's amazing what a little more flow will do...

I'd say the stock has just risen on the SE BB kit...:thumb:

341 - 360 of 753 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.