Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 753 Posts

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the first dyno my bike's seen.

Started out pretty good with just the latest factory tuning file. All that's been added in some fuel in the midrange to smooth it out and accommodate the V-mods to the SE Slip ons.

Baseline: HP = 109.7 @ ~ 8000 rpm, Torque = 78.6 @ ~ 6700 rpm.
Final Tune: HP = 110.9 @ ~ 7800 rpm, Torque = 80.5 @ ~ 6400 RPM.

The tuner spent most of his time working on the torque linearity and max torque in the midrange, where I spend 90% of the time. His equipment is an antique Dynojet with an old O2 machine and it hasn't be calibrated in a decade so it's really more of a reference for his work than a true HP number.

There's a lot more in the bike, especially in the upper ranges so I will be scheduling some time on a Factory One (Mustang) eddy current (steady state) dyno in the coming weeks. This guy has a brand new 4 gas analyzer and is really keen on getting into the V-Rod so he's going to give me a flat rate price and probably spend all day playing. More to come.

Attachments

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Here it is:
My last time at the dyno,anf the last time that stealer dyno tunes my bike.look at what they did up to about 5k.Sorry no afr chart.

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just the V-modded SE1s w/air filter (& ECM flash) and PCIIIr. I got the ECM flash before I got the Power Commander.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Ok, here are the newest dyno results.I went to my new dealer.So, this is a different dyno.I gained more hp and torque,that's all that matters.I can't go for a ride yet because it's snowing (only an inch),but they are calling for 40's and sunshine this weekend.There is a dip in torque,but I can go back a later date when more time is available for me.

Attachments

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New Run!

Here's the latest run from today on a Factory One Dyno. These numbers are adjusted to represent an equivalent run on a DynoJet. This dyno steps through the RPMs, we used 1000 rpm increments for the pulls and extrapolated the other numbers to smooth the graphs.

Peak HP = 116.49 @ 8000
Peak TQ = 80.73 @ 7000

Not too shabby :cheers:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The graph is purposely smoothed because the brake dynos measure torque at specific RPM points rather than through a sweep. The only numbers we actually have are at 1000 rpm increments. the 500 rpm increments are extrapolated (averaged).

When you run a bike on this type of dyno you pull up to a specific RPM as instructed by the computer and it homes in on the rpm by applying varying amounts of energy to the brake. Only after it gets the same reading over a specific period of time does it actually take a reading. It's completely different than a Dynojet inertial dyno.

If you compare the first graph you'll see that even on an old Dynojet my bike pulls pretty smooth :) The difference in the programs (maps) is minor. I added a little more fuel in the midrange, smoothed the transitions and leaned it up on the top end. No modifications to the timing since I was running out of time. I've since cleaned up the map even more and done a couple of data recording runs up the street and the bike is running STRONG!

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
Here's mine. I've got the stock exhaust VMod'ed and a SE Airfilter with the HD Flash download. Was thinking about removing the airbox lid to hopefully pick up another pony or two...

Attachments

·
AMF
423 Posts
Finally got the bike dyno'd. I don't have the stock numbers as the first run was after installing the V-Mods, K&N and SE1 flash, not topless. The Final was done with the PCIIIr on a Dynojet.

Attachments

·
AMF
423 Posts
Now the map

Attachments

·
COOLER RIDER
5,180 Posts

Attachments

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okie,

It's possible that a little leaner on top could add a few but the top end torque curve looks very good, most bikes drop off real fast after 8000.

The only problem is that flat spot between 4000 - 5500. Too bad that's where you spend 90% of your time running. The AFR looks good, maybe it needs some more timing (or it's loosing timing and backing off causing the power loss). Do you have a datalog from the runs?

·
COOLER RIDER
5,180 Posts
mjw930 said:
Okie,

It's possible that a little leaner on top could add a few but the top end torque curve looks very good, most bikes drop off real fast after 8000.

The only problem is that flat spot between 4000 - 5500. Too bad that's where you spend 90% of your time running. The AFR looks good, maybe it needs some more timing (or it's loosing timing and backing off causing the power loss). Do you have a datalog
from the runs?
I don't know what a datalog is but i will ask for it when i go to pick it up saturday. What else should I ask for?

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
V-mods, SEfilter, topless.PCIIIR
no tune done, this is how i dropped it off.the 20 map was perfect for my bike.
The dealer said this is the best setup he has seen for the v-rod so far and was very impressed with the numbers compared to the numbers he has been getting out of the samsons and SE's (these were 10 HP over the best he has done so far)

Power 115.7
Torque 81.9

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Looks Very Nice! :plause:

·
Registered
30 Posts
118 HP .. 82 ft.lbs.

My best results yet. The better numbers were achieved with self mobified stock pipes, SE filter, top off, PCiiiR, . Dyno tested at Dyno-jet approved HD dealer.
The lower numbers were the best that the local HD tuner could get with Vance & Hines pipes , top on.
I want to achieve best possible mid range power. Max HP is not so important.

Air fuel ratio isn't great. I believe I can squeeze a little more HP with the help of a good tuner.

Attachments

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
Your dyno sheet

Harry, those are some pretty impressive peak numbers using self modified stock pipes, and very smooth torque and hp curves. Again this proves just how well the stock pipes perform, and were originally designed. Some aftermarket pipes might produce more peak hp, but at the cost of a smooth, very driveable torque curve. I'd be very happy with your results.

1 - 20 of 753 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.