Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m looking for new tires for the new season .Hopefully some Avon deals will come up like last year .

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Buy the road hazard warranty and drive a nail into the tires at around 1/8th tread depth.Don't let the tread get lower than 3/32nds.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yea that Avon deal was amazing, if it comes again I'm buying another set, even though I don't need them hehe :p

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea that Avon deal was amazing, if it comes again I'm buying another set, even though I don't need them hehe :p
I should have bought them last year .

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any deals yet ?

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
I'm looking, too. Metzlers are about shot.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep.Brand new Metz tire and tube installed on the front of my 07 X.My cost............................$12.

Road hazard warranty cost $199 for 7 years.

Thank you road hazard warranty.:notworth:
I'M still trying to figure out what your post has to do with a tire deal .

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I'M still trying to figure out what your post has to do with a tire deal .
I'm just trying to tell how smart it is to have this warranty.If you work the system,tires don't cost but a few dollars and there is no need for all the shopping and high prices.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I'm just trying to tell how smart it is to have this warranty.If you work the system,tires don't cost but a few dollars and there is no need for all the shopping and high prices.
Yup. I wish I had done the same. But I beat you this time AL, My tech kept my bike so long last time that He Gave me a new set of Avons for free.:D

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As I recall people bought Avons for $225 a set . Paying 199 for road hazard seems a waste .

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
As I recall people bought Avons for $225 a set . Paying 199 for road hazard seems a waste .
$199 for 7 year warranty seems like a waste? How do you do Math? I buy tires 3 times a year on average, thats $1000 (Shipping and mounting etc..) a year and $7000 after 7 years. Thats without a Blow out etc.. so $199 for 7 years is a Waste?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Lasts 7 years

·
03 A
1,506 Posts
elrod, my wifes SUV have same tire coverage but not for 7 years. anyhow 25k miles later she hits a screw on the side wall and tire store replaced the tire no questions asked. Now the other 3 is not that new looking so I wanted to drive another screw on the side wall of the other tire but she just doesnt want me to do it. Maybe I'll wait another month and accidentally hit a screw again so at least she will have 2 new tires on the front. Seems like not all people can swallow this kind of style.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
not that i am perfect or high and mighty but your just advertising that you screw/work the system .
its kind of like insurance fraud , buying a hazzard warranty then driving a nail into it to get a new tire .

might want to keep that scam to yourself

jmho

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here is a good place for deals in canada

you have to sign up to see the prices , i have never been spammed by him

http://www1.petes-superbike.com/
The deals at Petes are pretty good . The reviews from other boards are all positive . But his prices are still higher than on the US . I live fairly close to the border . I'll do a little ride save a few hundred .

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
not that i am perfect or high and mighty but your just advertising that you screw/work the system .
its kind of like insurance fraud , buying a hazzard warranty then driving a nail into it to get a new tire .

might want to keep that scam to yourself

jmho
Are you serious? Guess you have never been screwed by the Moco... :hidesbeh:

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Are you serious? Guess you have never been screwed by the Moco... :hidesbeh:
i have been screwed before , but also by insurance , should i have a false claim every few years to get something back ?

maybe i should toss a quart of oil in my truck when no one is looking at the pumps , just to cover the increase in gas ... bad example i would have to do an oil change .lol

As i said i am not a saint , i guess just a hair more honest

·
03 A
1,506 Posts
What the FLOCK is happening on this board. Seems like a lot of people are starting an arguement over nothing. This is a perfect example.. some one is asking for a tire deal..some will give info/tips and one will have to make a Flocking smarty ass comment. If you want to type something type it, if you have your own opinion you are entitled to it like the other guy. But we should not provoke or start something which will annoy a fella member... WTF WTF WTF
The other night I saw a thread posted by these 2 Aussie who is in the Phillipines bad mouthing my fellowcountry man... I wanted to comment but opted not even if I wanted to and Im glad that thread disappeared.
WTF Cant we just get along and have a great time here...
I getting sick of this one is better than the other crap!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts