Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
41 - 60 of 268 Posts

· FASTESTSTKBLTDRV
1,267 Posts
Over 130 Mph In The Quarter

Finished The Season A Week Ago Went To The Semis And Went Red.
But I Did Finally Go Over 130 Mph. What A Gas.took Last Week Off.
Now, We Are Going To Check For Any Damage With The Advanced Cams.
I Also Had A Personal Best Time Of [email protected] The Stroker Was Eratic
We Thought We Had It Down To A Map Sensor,replaced Twice So
The Factory Is Suppling A New Ecm For Us To Try See If This Helps.
Heres My Set Up Again Big Bore, Throttle Bodys,cams,heads,26 Tooth
Pulley,Buell Front wheel,v-moded rear, Belt Drive!

Attachments

· Registered
177 Posts
Finally!

Well, I finally did it....broke into the elevens!

On Friday at Beaver Springs in central PA:

RT .288
60' 1.822
330' 4.994
660' 7.663
1/8th 91.49
1000' 10.008
1/4 ET 11.996
1/4 mph 113.23

Temp was 51 degrees at 84% humidity altitude 500' MSL

The bike is a 2002 VRSCA with SE slip-ons, topless, no air filter, Stage 1 flash and 28T front pulley, otherwise stock

· Registered
1,319 Posts
The rebuilt BADROD hits the track

Looks like the best we're going to do with the stock rims & stock exhaust (actually modified SE slip on's) is 10.5's. Tried a lot of different things but we're having a tough time with traction. We'll we back at it in a couple of weeks with new rims, softer tires and a new exhaust. I'm posting a movie of the 10.519 run in the movie thread. Jeff

Attachments

· Autobanmod
9,974 Posts
badrod said:
Looks like the best we're going to do with the stock rims & stock exhaust (actually modified SE slip on's) is 10.5's. Tried a lot of different things but we're having a tough time with traction. We'll we back at it in a couple of weeks with new rims, softer tires and a new exhaust. I'm posting a movie of the 10.519 run in the movie thread. Jeff
Dear Jeff,

I am not familiar with these figures but your third run had a higher top speed compared to the 10.5 run - so there is room for improvement?.
I like your video a lot - shame that the top fuel bike spoiled the sound of your run.
What's the RPM limit of your engine and did you change the ignition settings a lot?

Jan

· Registered
18 Posts
badrod said:
Looks like the 1st run had a bit better 60' and 330' time. Was there a little rev-limiter bounce in there? If you can shave a bit off the 60' you should be able to get into the low .40's with that MPH. Get into the low 1.50's and you could hit the .30's. Great job! Gives me something to look forward to. Just curious how much tire pressure you were running?

Mike

· Registered
1,319 Posts
Stumpy95 said:
Looks like the 1st run had a bit better 60' and 330' time. Was there a little rev-limiter bounce in there? If you can shave a bit off the 60' you should be able to get into the low .40's with that MPH. Get into the low 1.50's and you could hit the .30's. Great job! Gives me something to look forward to. Just curious how much tire pressure you were running?

Mike
“I am not familiar with these figures but your third run had a higher top speed compared to the 10.5 run - so there is room for improvement?.
I like your video a lot - shame that the top fuel bike spoiled the sound of your run.
What's the RPM limit of your engine and did you change the ignition settings a lot?”
Jan

Tire pressure has been up and down too but it seems 17lbs. was about the best on the Venom. We have tried setting the shift at 8500 & 8700 based upon the power curve from the dyno. Both of the best runs were done at 8700. I am not sure what has been done to the ignition and the rev limiter is currently set at 9000. We are far from done trying but I am going to make a few major changes soon. I will not be happy (or done) until we break into the 9's. Jeff

· Registered
1,319 Posts
Stumpy95 said:
Can I ask where you got the clip-ons? Or are those just drag bars? Kinda hard to tell from the avatar. Do the stock controls fit on them if they're clip-ons?

The bars and instrument housing are from a company called Rizoma, www.rizoma.com. Yes, all of the stock controls fit. Both V-Mod and Breathless who have links at the beginning of this site sell them. Jeff

· Registered
59 Posts
Post YOUR weight

Hey Guys, would you post your weights. I want to see the times with some one around 230 lbs like me.

· Registered
1,319 Posts
ballistic69 said:
Hey Guys, would you post your weights. I want to see the times with some one around 230 lbs like me.
I weigh 235 but the guy who was riding my V ROD weighs 155. Jeff

· FASTESTSTKBLTDRV
1,267 Posts
badrod said:
I weigh 235 but the guy who was riding my V ROD weighs 155. Jeff
I WEIGH 230LBS SOMETIMES,I WIEGHED 210 FOR THE PASSES I POSTED.I
DECIDED TO LOSE WIEGHT DURING RACING SEASON TO GO QUICKER.
ALSO BELT DRIVE WITH A 26 TOOTH PULLEY.PETE KELLER WENT [email protected]
ON MINE WITH A CHAIN DRIVE AND SLICK. HE WEIGHS 150LBS.

· Registered
832 Posts
Baytown TX, Houston Raceway Park

1st Visit (30T pulley)

60' - 1.813
330' - 4.942
1/8 - 7.561 (92.69 mph)
1000' - 9.875
1/4 - 11.854 (113.02 mph)
Crossed finish in 3rd gear
---------------------------------------
2nd Visit (28T pulley)

60' - 1.688
330' - 4.724
1/8 - 7.322 (94.12 mph)
1000' - 9.626
1/4 - 11.624 (111.69 mph)
Crossed finish in 4th gear

Bike + rider = 645 + 195 = 840 lbs. Mods - V-modded stock pipes, Powercommander, -020 map, K&N filter, 200 Metz, shocks set to 5, tire pressure 20 psi.

· Registered
832 Posts
Weighed the bike on the scale without me - 645 lbs
I weigh 190lbs - added 5 lbs for full leathers, it might have been a little more, so 195-200 lbs for me.

Going topless next, bike is running too rich with the top on and -020 map. If it is still running rich, will remap with a map from here in the EFI section. Got a decent 60' time, need to work on my shift points.

· Banned
12,577 Posts
My First 7 Second Pass!

Here ya go :thumb: !Thanks George Bryce and Frank Hawley Pro Stock School! :kaz: Here are my 4 License Passes that counted! :D

Attachments

41 - 60 of 268 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.