Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, let's see some of your side mount plate setups...

I'm thinking of getting a sidemount but not sure on how it looks like on the bikes or which one is good. So far I am looking into the demon cycle ones.

Here are some links:

http://www.demonscycle.com/Lights-and-Blinkers/Taillights/LICENSE-PLATE-BRAKE-TAILLIGHT-p2770318-2-1.html

and

http://www.demonscycle.com/Lights-and-Blinkers/Taillights/Black-Side-Mount-Axlemount-p3215837-2-1.html

The black one my friend got and it seems to line up pretty good, with the curve being right in line with the pulley.

Will those fit on the rear axels?

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
there is a guy in the classifieds called killervrod he makes sidemounts for members at a decent price and at a decent quality, i am just installing mine so no picture yet of mine but he has picture of his in the classifieds

·
Registered
172 Posts
there is a guy in the classifieds called killervrod he makes sidemounts for members at a decent price and at a decent quality, i am just installing mine so no picture yet of mine but he has picture of his in the classifieds
I have one on the way to fit our BC plates. I will send you photos when I have it installed. It is black powder coated to match my DX and he has LED lights for regulation to light the plate. Check your provincial laws to see if you can mount vertically as that cleans up the view.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Check your provincial laws to see if you can mount vertically as that cleans up the view.

Yes, that may save you some trouble. For example, here in Washington State, it is illegal to mount the license plate vertically. Cops don't go out of their way to stop you for it, but why give them an excuse?

Phatass

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Dave you haven't got yours yet? Damn Canada! Haha! Thanks for the plugs guys. I just finished the US version this weekend. The plates use a super flat, side-emitting 3 led pod that are really bright. The plate remains the same as the original design except for a little bump out where the leds are. It is the same thickness (only 1/2" total). The wire is completely hidden (you have to drill a hole through the plate for the wire) and exits right at the mounting bolt.

Price is $135 shipped to conus.

-Keith

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dave you haven't got yours yet? Damn Canada! Haha! Thanks for the plugs guys. I just finished the US version this weekend. The plates use a super flat, side-emitting 3 led pod that are really bright. The plate remains the same as the original design except for a little bump out where the leds are. It is the same thickness (only 1/2" total). The wire is completely hidden (you have to drill a hole through the plate for the wire) and exits right at the mounting bolt.

Price is $135 shipped to conus.

-Keith
I check everyday and still nothing. Can you tell I am anxiously awaiting its arrival? Canada Customs hates me and I am okay with that. Everyone has their place in life:)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Verticle mounts are illegal here also but cops don't really pull you over for it unless they are having a bad day and feel like taking it out on you.

So has anyone tried the Demon Cycles plates? They look really nice and the price is fair from what I can see. Anyone know who makes the plates for them? I really like the horizontal one with the LED cross but I'd love to get it in black.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
pretty sure they're illegal everywhere, but I've never had a problem

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Verticle mounts are illegal here also but cops don't really pull you over for it unless they are having a bad day and feel like taking it out on you.

So has anyone tried the Demon Cycles plates? They look really nice and the price is fair from what I can see. Anyone know who makes the plates for them? I really like the horizontal one with the LED cross but I'd love to get it in black.
Someone here has one and they are great for the money. If you want to mount it on the shock you need to make a spacer for it since the hole is too big.

-Keith

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Someone here has one and they are great for the money. If you want to mount it on the shock you need to make a spacer for it since the hole is too big.

-Keith
Thanks for the info dude. I wouldn't want to mount it on the shock, just on the axle. Is that hard to do?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Thanks for the info dude. I wouldn't want to mount it on the shock, just on the axle. Is that hard to do?
Not sure to be honest, but I think there may be an issue with how much extra thread you have on your axle. The demon one looks like it is a full 1/2". I know I don't have enough space on my axle to do that...

-Keith

1 - 12 of 12 Posts