Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today when going into a turn I get some slight shimmy from the front end throughout the turn. is this normal or do I have some kind of tire issue?

·
Registered
72 Posts
sounds like a tire issue lift the front tire off the ground spin it and look to see if you have a bouble forming on the tire. I have a 99 CBR 600 and my second set of dunlaps got a bubble on the front tire off to the side when I cornered and breaked it would vibrate

·
Ryan
4,192 Posts
Chances are (if you still have the stock Dunlops) that your front tire is cupped. It will feel like you described. Get a set of Metzlers and air them up to 38 in the front and 40 in the rear and enjoy a whole new bike. You can subtract a couple of pounds in each tire but I like to run a few extra psi to extend tire life.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Gentlemen, The tire is definately cupping and seeing as I only have put 400 miles on it and they sold me a demo bike which I consider new, I will be at the stealer tomorrow to request a new sneaker. :chair:

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Go get 'em. Call it a defective tire at that mileage.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LiquidSilver said:
Go get 'em. Call it a defective tire at that mileage.

It is probably time for a new tire the bike has 3300 miles on it but it has never been titled to anyone. Seeing as how it is considered a new bike on the title and all of the other paper work they should have checked out the tire before I took it off the lot IMO. Hopefully they will agree.. that is $150 bucks worth of Chrome Ill have to wait to put on it otherwise...:)

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
3300 miles and the tire wore out? nah, didn't change my stock dunlop on my 05B until it had 10k on it.
-X

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
oh boy... I hope this is not your first H-D and your first experience dealing with the service department... you may be in for a rude "awakening" (pun intended)

Hopefully, you have a good dealer, with a good service department... may the force be with you.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From this day foward I will not refer to my dealer as the Stealer. I called this morning told the service writer what was going on, his reply was bring it in well have a look. I was thinking all the way there , Here we go time for the run around. Well I got there the service writer came out took a look told me to hold on a second went back and got a mechanic who took one look at and said yep is't cupped well cover it ! Unfortuinately they don't have a replacement in stock so I have wait untill they get it in but.....They are taking care of it no problem... Thanks for the help Guys!! OH Yea i allmost forgot It is American Harley-Davidson in North Tonawanda NY:D :D :D

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
G4ses said:
From this day foward I will not refer to my dealer as the Stealer. I called this morning told the service writer what was going on, his reply was bring it in well have a look. I was thinking all the way there , Here we go time for the run around. Well I got there the service writer came out took a look told me to hold on a second went back and got a mechanic who took one look at and said yep is't cupped well cover it ! Unfortuinately they don't have a replacement in stock so I have wait untill they get it in but.....They are taking care of it no problem... Thanks for the help Guys!! OH Yea i allmost forgot It is American Harley-Davidson in North Tonawanda NY:D :D :D
...sweet.... now for the free :cook

Glad to see you got a good, customer-oriented service department there...

HoldHard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts