Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
VRSCDX -08
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, my English is not best but hope for understanding.
If I come from ride and change gear down to 2.-nd gear before the intersection and then turn the action and release the clutch quietly engine(clutch)making a strange crunch for moment.
When I starting ride with 1. or 2. gear nothing, all OK, when ride wherever normal ride, too nothing, only when kick down 5->4->3->2 and turn and must release clutch quietly(slipping).
VRSCDX -08

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Not fully understand your symptoms but could it be that clutch is drying after ride and it squeaks when changing down and motor braking same time. Have you checked your oils when and what grade are you using? For the wet clutch no friction modifiers in the oil. E.g. Jaso-MA2 grade oils are suitable for wet clutch.

·
Registered
VRSCDX -08
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not fully understand your symptoms but could it be that clutch is drying after ride and it squeaks when changing down and motor braking same time. Have you checked your oils when and what grade are you using? For the wet clutch no friction modifiers in the oil. E.g. Jaso-MA2 grade oils are suitable for wet clutch.
Yes.
Previous owner used Castrol Power1 4T 10W-50, I changed it to Liqui Moly MOTORBIKE HD SYNTH 20W-50 STREET, but after that I drived only ~300km. Next drive in spring 😀. I readed that the grinding or crunch voice in 2-nd gear is often
Shifting from 1st to 2nd pops to Neutral and Grinds into 2nd
Weird sound When switching gear

Camera accessory Bottle Font Material property Gas

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Yes that oil should be good for the clutch. Like you read in the other topics small crunch is quite normal when passing neutral from one to second due to transmission structure. Squaeking sound when you slip the clutch is not. Should be quite smooth. SE slippery clutch is smooth as baby's butt while motor braking if you have to dig in to clutch someday.

·
Registered
VRSCDX -08
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes that oil should be good for the clutch. Like you read in the other topics small crunch is quite normal when passing neutral from one to second due to transmission structure. Squaeking sound when you slip the clutch is not. Should be quite smooth. SE slippery clutch is smooth as baby's butt while motor braking if you have to dig in to clutch someday.
I buy'd new clutch already but dont want replace it yet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts