Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick inspection prior to riding tonight and I found that my back tire seems to be coming apart! Does anyone know what would have caused this? I always check tire pressure and this tire has about 6K miles on it (no burn-outs on this tire). The tread depth is fine. I guess I won't be riding tomorrow. Has anyone else had this problem with the 180 Dunlops?
100_1537.JPG

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Dude, The wear indicators are showing on that tire meaning it should have been replaced.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Yup, time to replace it!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. Yeah, I'll probably go with the Metz 200, this time around.

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
looks the SAME as mine on my R right now, i got 5300 out of it, couple rolling burnouts, thats normal wear it looks like to me...what psi are you running?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Mine look like that ALOT. :hidesbeh:

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
damionp74 said:
A quick inspection prior to riding tonight and I found that my back tire seems to be coming apart! Does anyone know what would have caused this? I always check tire pressure and this tire has about 6K miles on it (no burn-outs on this tire). The tread depth is fine. I guess I won't be riding tomorrow. Has anyone else had this problem with the 180 Dunlops?
View attachment 92966
Yes, the tire is worn out as is obvious and others have said.. but it also looks like at some point it was bottomed out and hit a screw up under your fender.. That's where the center grove is probably coming from. It will probably happen again on a new tire too unless you fix the problem when the bike bottoms.. Maybe you lowered your bike?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts