Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone live near keller,texas know how to hook up sert program and have it work...i have bought sert, belkin..usb to serial adapter..spent 6 hours on this web sight reading everything and trying it all...used a laptop and a pc....nothing works at all,tried all com ports...all i want to do is modify a map to get richer when i hit the squeeze......H E L P:chair: :spank: :soapbox: :wazzup: :bash: :lamer:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
How far do you make it? Does your com port respond or are you only trying USB? With usb it is much more difficult to configure then if you have a machine with a standard com port.

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
Do you have the ignition on AND the run switch on? I made this mistake last night and noticed that out of the several "Program ECM" sections of the Help and the Manual, only one actually tells you that you need to do both...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how far

i get to "no response from adld adapter", i took my old comp. windows 98 out there and tried it that way, no luck...my laptop with windows xp pro...no luck...bought usb adapter....no luck....now i want prima cord the blow up this sert....if i had any hair i would pull it out!!!!:banghead: :banghead:

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Big_Red said:
Do you have the ignition on AND the run switch on? I made this mistake last night and noticed that out of the several "Program ECM" sections of the Help and the Manual, only one actually tells you that you need to do both...
Did that also. I called Okie and that was the first thing he asked me. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
Do you have a serial port on your computer?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes on both my pc and laptop

tried both still get same reply

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts