Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every Wednesday Night PIR Cruise in is a relaxed and fun event, and only $5 admission
A good regular venue for local Portland V-Rod owners...

I went out to the Portland International Raceway to meet up with two members a while back, and was quite suprised actually. Guess I thought it was going to be more bleechers and watching drags but low and behold, far far down at the end of the road, magestically by the beer tent, is a bike area.

Hundreds and hundreds of great bikes of all flavors, saw a kid about 12 riding around a battery powered chopper... About a dozen V-Rods too! One elegantly painted in a fur design, with spots, and looking close individual tuffs of hair... A very good band, a very reasonable beer tent, and a crowd of people enjoying their passion. If you live around the Portland Oregon area and want to have a great regular venue to enjoy this is it!

More info here and map...
Wednesday Drags and Cruise-in: The best show for a motorhead in Portland this week. For $5 you get: 150 drag racers battling for points and purse, nearly 1,000 of the tastiest hot rods, Motorcycles, classics and exotics in our shady, grassy Chalet Village, a band, door prizes and new friends galore. What are you waiting for? Gates open 4 p.m.
http://www.portlandraceway.com/location.asp

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
PDX - the new avitar is great, and your "copy" is worthty of a few awards! I think because of of what you wrote, I might drive the 2 hours to experience it...

skull...

Jim

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
underprotest said:
PDX - the new avitar is great, and your "copy" is worthty of a few awards! I think because of of what you wrote, I might drive the 2 hours to experience it...

skull...

Jim
Thanks!!! I've a habit of changing avatars with my moods...
The event was much stronger than I thought it would be, and my face hurt from smilin'... If you make it there look for me, I'll be making this a regular stop... I'm good for refreshments after the ride too, so come on down!!!! It's the perfect place to make new friends and simply enjoy...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
edited...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just moving this up since it's Wednesday, and the PIR event is today...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Given the distance why am I not suprised :)
Great Avatar by the way...

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
PIR was good tonight. Best part was that a forum member and VROD owner won a prize in the bike portion.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LiquidSilver said:
PIR was good tonight. Best part was that a forum member and VROD owner won a prize in the bike portion.
Greetings...
That Carbonized flamed V-Rod was outstanding, I noticed your bike there but after wandering around I sort of drifted off down the road... That was inspiring when they called the "V-Rod owner" to the stage... Who was that anyway?

I guess that for me the appeal is seeing how many different ways folks personalize their rides, and make it theirs uniquely. Made some new friends there, and that becomes a regular stop for me on Wednesdays... So relaxed and so much to see, I got some pictures last night I will share here later... Sorry I missed you, but there is always next time :)

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
VRay-PDX said:
Greetings...
That Carbonized flamed V-Rod was outstanding, I noticed your bike there but after wandering around I sort of drifted off down the road... That was inspiring when they called the "V-Rod owner" to the stage... Who was that anyway?
That bike is owned by Eric. Harleyvrodguy

My son likes to watch the Speed channel and so he got a kick out of watching the drags.

I'll catch ya there eventually. :D

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
It was nice meeting you Rich, thanks for taking a pic of me!! Oh, I'm wearing the gray shirt

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took a few crowd and bike shots at PIR

Wandering around it was an after thought to take a few pictures of the area, people and bikes. The shots came out OK, but mainly I wanted to give those who have never been to this a better idea of how it's set up. Very relaxed and very comfortable... It was inspirational to see harleyvrodguy "WIN" too!!!
Here's a few shots...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
It was good to meet you too Eric. Ya' done us proud. :D :D :D

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
Ive been going to this event for years. It has grown into a huge gathering. The only other place I have seen more muscle cars in one place is the Long Beach Wa. event in September.

Good job Eric.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Man this looks like a great time. I will try to make it one of these days.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Manhorse said:
Ive been going to this event for years. It has grown into a huge gathering. The only other place I have seen more muscle cars in one place is the Long Beach Wa. event in September.
Good job Eric.
Well, with tomorrow being Wednesday (8/15) I figure a bump in General is in order... I get over about 6PM, and start lookin' fer a place to park, then wander around like a small animal in a forest clearing, looking at paint and wheels and... ...a nice way to end a week day...

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
My wife and I have the day off, so we're planning on trying to beat westside traffic by heading to the east side in the early afternoon, run some errands, and end up at PIR pretty early.

We're going to try to park in the row that runs next to the tables, and then hopefully grab a table. I'm not sure how long we'll keep it though because I want to check out a little more of the drag racing (as long as there are bikes running).

It's gonna be a hot one.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
swoop said:
There will be bikes running. they are having a 5 way battle for the track championship. I think tonight is the last points race for it.:moped:
Argh!!!! I wanna get over there early but can't until about 6PM...
Make sure there is still beer at the beer tent, and I'll see everyone going there... Wearing my insane coat today so finding me will be a snap :)
Later folks...

Made a short one of it tonight, but with 6 more to go in a row it's a must do on Wednesdays fer me!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts