Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Portland Oregon Area V-Rod Owner's Post Ride Plans Here!
Let's make this thread about local impulsive outings and rides, which might just grow into friends regularly riding together... If yer like me I look for an excuse to go riding, and I go riding as often as I can, every weekend I head off somewhere or other... The nature of things will probably be that some will make it, some won't, but over time there is a gravity of sorts I think which will occur... It's worth the trying...
Post your day rides here and you might be pleasantly rewarded with a sidekick or two, and perhaps a grand adventure!!!
Updated 8/19/07
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portland International Raceway's Cruise in Wednesdays...
...more info: http://www.portlandraceway.com/

August 25th, Portland to Multnomah Falls I-84, and back the old scenic highway?
Depart from Downtown Portland's Kellys Olympian Club at HIGH NOON
*A familiar downtown beer joint since 1902, it now has new ownership and a new vibe. The vintage neon sign out front is the same, but inside, the bar is transformed by dark green and maroon tones and an imposing collection of vintage motorcycles suspended from the ceiling. A diner-like counter runs the length of one wall, while tables line the other. Live rock music and DJs bring in the scenesters and set the tone.
Likely Offenders:
VRay-PDX
tapia?
...and?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portland riders get together for weekend rides, I'd like to ask all those around Portland if others would also like to meet up somewhere, and start getting out for some fun. I'm a compulsive rider so I'm out there anyway making noise, anyone wanna join me??? (grin)...

·
----->
7,589 Posts
Damn this appeals to me. I just got my bike up and running over the weekend and like you VRAY- PDX I am a compulsive rider also. In fact I took this Thursday and Friday off to catch up on some riding.

I'll keep a watch on this thread to see what you all come up with.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*List below and details

ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
Let's ride, and let's post to this thread to see what happens?

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the schedules for events in August I see this...

August 11th, 2007
Too Broke for Sturgis

...a good excuse for a ride...?

OK, now I watch and wait to see where it goes... (grin)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
swoop said:
Id love to go. Ive been busy racing all year and havent got out on the bike much. Ill pm you my e mail:moped:
Rockin'...
Edited, see list below and details

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well like you guys I see very few V-rods, I went on a 1350 mile trip last summer, and even passing a ton of Harley's coming back from Sturgis I did not see any V-Rods...

I am in the Portland area off-and-on, but usually ride around the Eugene/Corvallis area, some awesome trips to Newport or to Sisters from here. If you guys ever think of riding this way let me know.

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
It's not a ride, but I went to my first Weds night Beaches Cruise-In at PIR a couple weeks ago and there were a ton of bikes there along with rows and rows and rows of classic cars.

Beaches food and drink, live band, 1/8 mile drag racing, a great mix of bikes. Going again this Weds evening.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DFinch said:
It's not a ride, but I went to my first Weds night Beaches Cruise-In at PIR a couple weeks ago and there were a ton of bikes there along with rows and rows and rows of classic cars.

Beaches food and drink, live band, 1/8 mile drag racing, a great mix of bikes. Going again this Weds evening.
Ahhh, that sounds great!
To me it makes sense to say that all it takes is a good excuse to rally around something, like the way a pearl is formed around a grain of sand. How much does it cost for admission, and tell me a bit more about that please...
As a side note my wife and I go every year to the Seaside Cruise In in September, to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Married now 33 years we stumbled into that a few years back and never miss it now...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Vray,

It was nice to meet you at Paradise the other day and I would be up for meeting other Oregon V Rod riders. However, I will be out of town on vacation the next few weeks. But there is plenty of good riding weather left. I must be honest that I am not much of an organizer but I am definitely up for meeting other Oregon Riders, so anything after Aug 20 I am in!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wild Hog said:
Vray,

It was nice to meet you at Paradise the other day and I would be up for meeting other Oregon V Rod riders. However, I will be out of town on vacation the next few weeks. But there is plenty of good riding weather left. I must be honest that I am not much of an organizer but I am definitely up for meeting other Oregon Riders, so anything after Aug 20 I am in!
HEY!!!!!!
Howdy hey!!!!
Yeah, that sounds fantastic...
What I like best about 1130cc is the sense of community, and it just seems like a natural extension of this to start hanging together some local fun, since obviously there are a fair number of us around here... I am just tired of waiting for something to happen and want to give the idea a good push of getting together fairly often locally for something or other... ...it's not too hard to find a good excuse to plan an adventure around...

Nice thing about local would be the simplicity of getting together, and home after...

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
$5 to get in. It's the food and beer that will get ya. :)

I'd add that two weeks ago when I was there, there were about 5 v-rods there (including the all chrome bike that you saw at Paradise...I forget his name but I met him a few years back when we all used to hang on NW 23rd at Starbucks and I was still on my Road King.

Another thing they do is, sometime around 7, they sneak judges through the bikes with certificates and they leave them on bikes that they like. Winners ride over and park in front of the stage and get a prize. I didn't see what people were winning but the DX did not get picked. :sad:

Anyway, wife and I will be there so that's at least two v-rods right there.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I'll be a firm maybe... PIR sounds like a good possibility for Wed night.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DFinch said:
$5 to get in. It's the food and beer that will get ya. :)

I'd add that two weeks ago when I was there, there were about 5 v-rods there (including the all chrome bike that you saw at Paradise...I forget his name but I met him a few years back when we all used to hang on NW 23rd at Starbucks and I was still on my Road King.

Another thing they do is, sometime around 7, they sneak judges through the bikes with certificates and they leave them on bikes that they like. Winners ride over and park in front of the stage and get a prize. I didn't see what people were winning but the DX did not get picked. :sad:

Anyway, wife and I will be there so that's at least two v-rods right there.
Look for another V-Rod Wednesday, for unless something comes up that prevents it I will be there... :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would love to ride with a V Rod group. Saturday are usually good for me except August 11th. Company picnic.

I usually ride every weekend either Solo on my V Rod or with my Buell group on my Xb12Ss. I just came back from riding though Bend this weekend. I went through Estacada hwy 224 dropping into Detroit and then over to Bend. Awesome ride (but has a few rough spots).

Trip to Bend would be Cool I just cant get out of the picnic because its my wifes company picnic at the Zoo.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AAMS1203 said:
I would love to ride with a V Rod group.
Howdy neighbor...
Seems that there is a good interest in getting together and finding an excuse to roar off somewhere or other... I'm going to go to PIR Wednesday and do this Bend run but my hope is that over time a group of friends can replace solitary V-rodders here in Portland... Finding reasons to enjoy this marvelous summer, and our collective love of the V-Rod...

I think this thread is a good one, and a natural extension of the 1130cc community, I hope others will post the local events they intend on visiting, for we might just find that with a small amount of effort that we can all expand our experience, and make some new friends... I'm looking forward to meeting everyone around PDX soon, and regardless of when that happens I look forward to that day...

·
----->
7,589 Posts
DFinch said:

What/Where is PIR?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts