Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went over to Patriot H-D in Fairfax. VA for their open-house today. While browsing around the new V-Rods, I saw an '04 with Orange Skins with a sold sign and noticed the "dog-a$$/side plate" modification done by the dealership. From six feet away you can tell what a "hacked job", you can see that they used a hacksaw which wasn't even close to being straight. They also relocated the rear turnsignal by drilling directly into the rear fender to mount the turnsignals. If I was to guess how much time the dealerships technician spent on this was approx. 10 min. To the poor fool that bought this new bike I would request the OEM parts to be installed.

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
Vrod-tlam said:
Hopefully the buyer got a couple $K off msrp for the hack job :moon:
I live on the outskirts of NoVA... Visit Patriot often. Nice place, nice people, NO LEEWAY in pricing... MSRP + for everything. Patriot seems to market to the NoVA RUBS (Rich Urban BikerS, whick I confess I probably fall into that category a bit), and thier pricing reflects it.

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Hey Kennedy,

In order to afford most any Harley these days, you basically have to be a RUB... Except perhaps if you ride a Sportster.

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
ErVikingo said:
Hey Kennedy,

In order to afford most any Harley these days, you basically have to be a RUB... Except perhaps if you ride a Sportster.
Come on guys, what's a RUB. Not in the English dictionary

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Kennedy said:
I live on the outskirts of NoVA... Visit Patriot often. Nice place, nice people, NO LEEWAY in pricing... MSRP + for everything. Patriot seems to market to the NoVA RUBS (Rich Urban BikerS, whick I confess I probably fall into that category a bit), and thier pricing reflects it.
Pretty much the same thing down here in the Hampton Roads area (Hampton, Norfolk, Va Beach, Chesapeake). I went a couple hundred miles west up to Shenandoah HD in Waynesboro and saved over $2K. :deal: The people there were great & it is close to most of my family anyway. :thumb:
Too bad they are too far for regular service, oh well, I just do most things myself anyway. :goof: :ride:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Exact retail most places around here. But Sportys and V-Rods are cheaper than list .......still at most dealerships- but you got to ask .

I don't think so on the rich urban biker.
If a V-Rod is you very first bike , maybe.
Most people have worked up to a big twin or v-Rod.
Some people drive crap cages to afford a decent scoot.
Either of my bikes cost more than my 2001 S-10 ext cab.
Can a railroad carman be called a rub ?
I get dirtier than most people every day. :paper:
No 3 piece suit for me.
Outside all 8 hours of my work day. :2cents:

BobT

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
BobT said:
Exact retail most places around here. But Sportys and V-Rods are cheaper than list .......still at most dealerships- but you got to ask .

I don't think so on the rich urban biker.
If a V-Rod is you very first bike , maybe.
Most people have worked up to a big twin or v-Rod.
Some people drive crap cages to afford a decent scoot.
Either of my bikes cost more than my 2001 S-10 ext cab.
Can a railroad carman be called a rub ?
I get dirtier than most people every day. :paper:
No 3 piece suit for me.
Outside all 8 hours of my work day. :2cents:

BobT
BobT, You probably are the exception. I work in a cushy office, drive the I95 beltway to work in my cushy VW Jetta Diesel, and go home to my comfortable suburbanite slob house at night. I ride the bike to work to utilize the HOV lane, and because I enjow riding. I ride on the weekends for kicks.

That lifestyle doesn't quite fit the "biker" profile, but I'm OK with it... After 6 years in the Marine Corps, I've had my share of "getting dirty" and working hard.

My point is that not too many people who visit Patriot HD in Fairfax VA have a job like BobT... Fairfax VA is one of the richest counties in the country. A meager townhome in Fairfax goes for $300K+... Patriot HD KNOWS most who traverse those doors have a more than a few grand in the bank.

I went all the the Winchester VA to buy my 100th Anniv in September of 2003... MUCH better pricing (18K out the door with well over 2.5K in chrome already installed + Gold key package).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts