Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought my 2003 V-Rod a couple months ago and decided to swap out the customized rims, brakes and pulley. According to the official Harley online shop, the polished rotors would fit. Instead of buying from them, I purchased a set from Surdyke. Once I got all my parts, I made an appointment with my local Harley dealer to have everything installed.
According to my technician, the polished rotors won’t work with my new wheels. Okay, I’ll just get the proper rotors and return the polished ones to Surdyke.
Surdyke gave me a return authorization and were shipped back. Two weeks pass and I get an email stating that Surdyke will not except the return because they were once installed and not in the original packaging. Completely false!
I read the terms and conditions and expected to pay a restocking fee. When I told Surdyke that this is dishonest of them and I wish to cancel two orders for other parts on back order. I also told them they lost a customer. Their reply was “Okay, good bye”. WTF?! Is screwing over a customer and not caring about any future purchases a way to run a business?

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
So, I bought my 2003 V-Rod a couple months ago and decided to swap out the customized rims, brakes and pulley. According to the official Harley online shop, the polished rotors would fit. Instead of buying from them, I purchased a set from Surdyke. Once I got all my parts, I made an appointment with my local Harley dealer to have everything installed.
According to my technician, the polished rotors won’t work with my new wheels. Okay, I’ll just get the proper rotors and return the polished ones to Surdyke.
Surdyke gave me a return authorization and were shipped back. Two weeks pass and I get an email stating that Surdyke will not except the return because they were once installed and not in the original packaging. Completely false!
I read the terms and conditions and expected to pay a restocking fee. When I told Surdyke that this is dishonest of them and I wish to cancel two orders for other parts on back order. I also told them they lost a customer. Their reply was “Okay, good bye”. WTF?! Is screwing over a customer and not caring about any future purchases a way to run a business?
Typical HD attitude and not just that outfit. Report them to the mothership, although they aren't much better when it comes to customer satisfaction.
Ron

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems with Surdyke. Since they are one of the dealers in my area they also lost out on ever serving me. I’ve had some dealers treat me very well and others not so much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Typical HD attitude and not just that outfit. Report them to the mothership, although they aren't much better when it comes to customer satisfaction.
Ron
Reporting them to HD is a good idea. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear about your problems with Surdyke. Since they are one of the dealers in my area they also lost out on ever serving me. I’ve had some dealers treat me very well and others not so much.
The dealers in my area have given my friends and I excellent service. They get the idea that good customer service is essential for continued business. Don’t get how other businesses just don’t give a crap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts