Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to do this but have had no reply to PM's , direct posts on here asking Pondo to contact me or to e mails asking for my money back.
I dont want this to turn into a discussion , all i want is a simple answer to the question
' Have you sent Pondo money for goods and received nothing in return - if so how much?'.
I hope this is just me but given some pm's I have received I suspect not.
So here's my answer:

Yes - $120

·
Registered
110 Posts
Oh no, not the “P” word. Let the flaming and retributions begin.

Yes - $175 in Nov 2009.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I'm currently waiting on:

1-chrome rear pulley, I paid $ 200.00 for this from another vender. We decided to go another route and start from scratch with a stock pulley. I still haven't had this one sent back to me.

1-one black and chrome Pondo custom rear pulley ) $ 100.00 sent for chroming costs.

1-upper triple tree for chroming

1-chrome Pondo Porcshe clutch cover. Payment made of $ 61.00

2-sets of Pondo ( 1487 and 1250 CAL ) upper fork tube covers.

Since October 2009.

I've been sympathetic, polite, diplomatic and more than patient but damn I have builds that I want to finish and I'd like my parts.

I'm certainly not looking to bash anyone here but I've been trying the PM, email, phone call and contacting mutual friends route and to date that hasn't worked.

·
Trouble Maker
1,078 Posts
What is up with some of the "Vendors" here? I have no issue/experience with Pondo but have an issue with another vendor here that's being drug out. Jim

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
when a business goes down, all go down with it.
if that business picks back up, then all are happy.

hope for the best, but prepare for the worst

·
Usually Clueless
373 Posts
This forum has some weird clicks........

Reading another thread, a vendor gets gang rapped because the black coating used to make their "show-bike" brake rotors wears off if you apply the brakes.

It's common sense that a "coating" will wear off a surface that has an abrasive material combined with friction applied to it.

It's for s-h-o-w.

Now you have a "vendor" selling his services, collecting money and not supplying the product... and a large group runs out and claims foul because the guy has fallen on hard times. Telling everyone it's a hands off sort of deal.

But when they guy contacts me, asks if I still want the parts and says he can have them pretty quickly.... That's what I would expect. This was back in May and June. (After the hard times and restarting the business up.)

Kinda weird, and this post will surely make me the bad guy.

Not trying to be, just pointing out some things I will never understand.

I'd love some covers.... been waiting a year.... probably never going to happen.

Hopefully someone with the tools and know how will step up to fill an obvious void.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts

Reading another thread, a vendor gets gang rapped because the black coating used to make their "show-bike" brake rotors wears off if you apply the brakes.

It's common sense that a "coating" will wear off a surface that has an abrasive material combined with friction applied to it.

It's for s-h-o-w.

Now you have a "vendor" selling his services, collecting money and not supplying the product... and a large group runs out and claims foul because the guy has fallen on hard times. Telling everyone it's a hands off sort of deal.

But when they guy contacts me, asks if I still want the parts and says he can have them pretty quickly.... That's what I would expect. This was back in May and June. (After the hard times and restarting the business up.)

I'd love some covers.... been waiting a year.... probably never going to happen.

Hopefully someone with the tools and know how will step up to fill an obvious void.
Better read the whole thread on the Galfer rotors... You missed alot. The rotors are apparently perfectly suitable for normal use... More issues than that. Poor customer service and so on.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
I had no issues with Pondo, of course that was years ago. Sharky is awesome though ^^^ and so is Aaron from GRCustoms.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts

It's for s-h-o-w.

Let's keep this thread on point and deal with facts in an attempt to help get us our parts.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
What does you posting here in this thread have to do with you and Pondo?

If you aren't waiting for parts from Carl, please start your own thread and post all of the unsolicitied comments / observations that you want about other things that don't concern you.

Let's keep this thread on point and deal with facts in an attempt to help get us our parts.

Thanks.
Pat, as I read it I think he has been waiting on covers, or so I think. But based on the starter of the threads request I would say this has gotten way off track, maybe a mod could clean it up.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Pat, as I read it I think he has been waiting on covers, or so I think. But based on the starter of the threads request I would say this has gotten way off track, maybe a mod could clean it up.
Maybe I misunderstood. I took it as he has been waiting a year to decide to make a purchase.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Maybe I misunderstood. I took it as he has been waiting a year to decide to make a purchase.
No big deal, I was going off memory, I could be wrong. Either way it seems as if Pondo owes a few folks some parts and or money.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As I posted the following statement:
"I dont want this to turn into a discussion , all i want is a simple answer to the question
' Have you sent Pondo money for goods and received nothing in return - if so how much?'"
Please only respond to this thread if you intend to answer the question - I have not asked about other Vendors , how awesome Sharky is or fecking Galfer rotors.......

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have dealt with Pondo this season and he was fast to ship and his work was top notch. Now thats only MY experience he was great to communicate with.

·
Usually Clueless
373 Posts

Yep, I have been waiting a year to receive parts.

But forget it.... My mistake for making a comparison on what is obviously a touchy situation.

The tag under that avatar says it all.... This is the last post from me.

I'll go back to being a silent observer.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I have dealt with Pondo this season and he was fast to ship and his work was top notch. Now thats only MY experience he was great to communicate with.
So have I. At least 5 of my V-Rods have his stuff on them.

Yep, I have been waiting a year to receive parts.

But forget it.... My mistake for making a comparison on what is obviously a touchy situation.

The tag under that avatar says it all.... This is the last post from me.

I'll go back to being a silent observer.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

This whole deal is a first for me. I usually contact Carl, place my order, pay and it eventually shows up. The quality was always there and I'm proud to have his stuff on my bikes. Unfortunately no luck this time though.

I have no idea what's going on now. I even sent a list to refresh his memory just in case he had forgotten. :banghead:

·
USCG
114 Posts
I had no issues with Pondo, of course that was years ago. Sharky is awesome though ^^^ and so is Aaron from GRCustoms.
Aaron is awesome, he took good care of me.......

·
Trouble Maker
1,078 Posts
Pardon me for my post...lol

1 - 20 of 64 Posts