Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day everyone. :
Go to www.Amazon.com and search in books for:polishing Aluminum Alloy Harley Parts. The Author is Lynne M Perry.

I put a link here directly to it, but it kept opening in My own Amazon account, and as I don't want hundreds of orders in my name! ;)

I purchased it some time ago and it's great. Worth every cent, and deals specifically with the V Rod.

On special at present for $12 US.

Best wishes.

Ken.
:cheers:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Ken I know Lynne M Perry, he lives about a mile from my house and goes by the name NoDogs on the internet. He is the person that I contracted to polish the wheels on my bike. I might add that I was not that impressed with the polish job that he did on them and the time frame was almost double what he quoted me. I did get his book about polishing the v-rod but infact mine was the first set of v-rod wheels he had done and he was not prepaired for the depth of the grooves that are milled into the wheels. I also blame the poor workmanship on his failing health at this time, he has been in and out of the hospital with cancer and after Jeannie and I have gone through the ordeal I know exactly what he is up against.

Max

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G'day Max.
How are you?
Uh, well then, the book looks ok! Sorry to hear his technical expertise isn't that flash and you were the Guinea Pig. Hope he's going ok against the CA though.
"Jeannie and I have gone through the ordeal I know exactly what he is up against."
Hope that's nothing more to worry about Max?

Best wishes mate.

Ken
:cheers:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Ken I think his technical knowledge is good but he might be lacking the physical ability to do the things at this time. The only reason I did not polish my wheels myself was because you really need to do them on a machine the problem was that the sanding for the most part is a orbital air or hand. Had I known before hand how they would come out I would have done the sanding myself before I took them to him.

Thanks for asking, Jeannie has been cancer free for a couple of years now but the damage done by the cancer or treatmenst I should say, she still lives with daily and see's the doctors on a regular basis.

Max

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G'day Karl.
Get your self a "Buffy Ball" for your drill as well.
They make polishing so much easier.

Best wishes mate.

Ken.

·
Custom VRSCAWT
313 Posts
Max said:

Thanks for asking, Jeannie has been cancer free for a couple of years now but the damage done by the cancer or treatmenst I should say, she still lives with daily and see's the doctors on a regular basis.
Max
Glad to hear all is well, and I also understand the pains of the treatment as my daughter, now 8, had also gone though treatment when she was 6 years old. The daily reminders of those treatments truely make you appreciate what you have today. Those return visist are the worst for us, always a little scarry. But all is clean so far :notworthy.

Again, glad to know all is clean for Jeannie.

--Darin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.